Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Davidb2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo pro 2 cameras and the one in my backyard is the only one I have issues with Arlo Smart.  I have it set to detect motion when a person is in the back yard and nothing else. but it detects my dog every time she gets in the cameras view .. I set it to detect just animal and it detected me when I walked outside. Is there anyway to reset this so I don't get a notification everyime my dog is outside? 

27 REPLIES 27
massive_sapporo
Star
Star

Hi there,

After couple of e-mails exchanges, it seems that the notification settings simply do not affect e-mail notifications, unfortunately.

This is not a bug, this is an intended behaviour, it just is in my opinion confusing and it would be helpful to have it described somewhere.

All the best

USArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 (408) 638 3750 is the call center number listed on the Support tab at the top of this page. Have you tried calling it?

RichardBev
Initiate
Initiate

Look... I guarantee, the object recognition is not happening in the "base" unit. It's happening on the cloud servers (which is why it frequently takes minutes to get notifications). Rebooting the Base unit will not affect the accuracy of the object recognition, unless the video quality is somehow affected or communications are affected. That's not what is happening here, and the odd thing is that the object recognition DOES actually correctly identify the detected objects, I dare say most (but not all) of the time. The issue is that Arlo's system that filters the data (which should be the simplest part of the chain) isn't working.... at all. As long as the video is transmitted to the cloud, your system is working the way it's designed. I have no doubt that Arlo knows fully well that this isn't working right. I'd be surprised if it is working properly for anyone. I foresee a class action lawsuit coming for the deception. I will say, that having the cameras is better than not, but for what we pay for the "smart" service, we're getting ripped off.