Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
williams_19
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Pro 3 system with my current free trial coming to an end January 10, 2020. I have been trying to register for the basic monthly multi camera 2k recording plan. Once I get to the billing screen to enter my information and credit card information an orange bar comes across the top of the page stating "null We are sorry, our billing service is currently unavailable. Please try again null."

Any one else have this issue or know why this is? It has been like this now for like a week and I don't want to loose my videos with my current free subscription if I can subscribe to a plan before it expires. This issue needs to be fixed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team made some backend fixes and should now be resolved for Canadian users.

If you're still experiencing this problem or receiving an error, please let us know what error you're receiving by letting us know the error message and/or providing a screenshot.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi williams_19,

Is this happening on the Arlo app on your phone device or on the web client on your computer? Could you also provide a screenshot where this error shows?

williams_19
Star
Star

This is when using the webpage whether on my computer or on my phone. As far as I am aware anytime you try to use the app for a subscription it automatically opens up a webpage. I have attached a picture of the error screen this is as far as I can get. My free subscription is up in 3 day’s and I don’t want to loose my videos

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshot. Our team is looking into reports of the error message and we'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new update or information.

In the meantime, could you try editing your billing info before going through the payment section and see if you still receive an error? You can do this by going to Settings > Subscriptions > Payment Information > Edit.

StacyMel
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening with us as well. We want to subscribe for the first time. Our credit card information is already in the system but every time we go to complete the order we get the same error code. 

williams_19
Star
Star

I tried adding my billing information in advance. When I fill out the form that populates and finish entering all my personal information the save button in the top right corner does not bold and clicking on it does nothing. I went through and verified that everything was filled in correctly and no error messages or red warnings above boxes yet the save button still does not work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey StacyMel and williams_19,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Geekman20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Your billing service is down.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Geekman20,

Let me gather more information from you via private message.

Geekman20
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Jessica, I found the problem is the trial... once I cancelled the trial from all cameras the billing service was available. Hope this helps people in the future.
Andrew_V
Initiate
Initiate

I am getting the same error message and after countless phone calls and chats with support (as of Jan 14th) they say they are still working on a fix. It would be nice if they had a customer sales support line to purchase the Smart Plan over the phone which would by-pass this, but no luck on that front either I am told! Hopefully a fix comes soon otherwise will have to look at other camera options as this is not a good first impression for a service I was willing to pay for. 

Geekman20
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just cancel the trial or wait until it's over then their system will let you continue to arrange billing.
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Andrew_V,

I have followed up with you via Private Message.

Thank you,

MarkV

_Colin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same error. I've even cancelled my demo subscriptions as suggested. I cannot subscribe to any arlo services. "We are sorry, our billing service is currently unavailable. Please try again ."

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey _Colin,

We wanted to let you know that our billing team is fixing your account and can take at least one business day to fix this, which should be resolved by Monday.

ArloBman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. I've been trying all week to pay for my subscription before my trial runs out and have been getting the same error. My trial has now run out, and I still can't subscribe.

If this an internal error that has been going on since the OP posted than that's a serious concern about whether I spent my money on the right company...
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ArloBman,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Russtaylor
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same thing happening. It has been 2 weeks so far..... very annoying.

sjcn
Tutor
Tutor

Once my trial period expiried, i tried to subscribe to a plan.  Every time I try, it tells me the subscription system is down.  I contacted support and they tell me that it's because in in Canada. Something to do with a tax code.

Their team is reviewing and tryng to fix the issue.  It's been almost 3 weeks.  This does not show well for their support staff, their products and the overall organization.  If i could return my equipment, I would.

sjcn
Tutor
Tutor

I've had this problem for 3 weeks now.  I've been told that they are working on it, but still no solution.

truggles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I get the message the subscription service is down, try again later (to no avail).  Adding insult to injury, when I submitted feedback via a survey, it too had an error and the information was lost.  

Geekman20
Aspirant
Aspirant
I fixed the issue by canceling my trial subscription.. it let me sign up immediately.
sjcn
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your reply Geekman20.  This was the first thing that i tried however this didn't work for me.

I'm still having issues with the subscription.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sjcn and truggles,

I've sent both of you a private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team made some backend fixes and should now be resolved for Canadian users.

If you're still experiencing this problem or receiving an error, please let us know what error you're receiving by letting us know the error message and/or providing a screenshot.