Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pdcm
Initiate
Initiate

I am subscribed to Alro Smart Premier and have set alerts to notify me only when a person is detected. . It had been working well for a few months but for the last few days I've been recieving alert notifcations due to all motion detected. Now my phone is being filled with alerts that I had filtered off. Arlo smart notications are not working properly.

237 REPLIES 237
Rob13
Initiate
Initiate
Ever sense my due date on my Arlo smart . My Camera won’t detect people it gives me notifications for everything. .
elwoodj
Guide
Guide

Both of my cameras started sending motion notifications to my phone, even though this feature is checked off under Arlo Smart Notifications Settings. Only Person notifications are checked. I haven't changed these settings since I set up the cameras a few weeks ago, and it had been working great until this morning. Now I'm getting flooded by motion notifications (in addition to getting Person notifications, which were the only notifications I was getting until now).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Can you help?

Ivan19
Initiate
Initiate
There’s problems with the smart notifications and motion sensor on the Arlo pro and Arlo pro 2. I keep receiving notifications of vehicles and audio even with the option off. In addition, the cameras will not trigger the recording when motion is detected.
Doni12
Initiate
Initiate
Im haveing the same issue, if set on the app for people notifications not motion bit sends me notifications for everything
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Same here.

rivajean
Star
Star
I receive notifications for motion even though I have people selected.
hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with my Arlo Pro system. I have ARLO SMART and just "People" selected, but I am getting notified every time motion is detected. Need a fix ASAP!

KingStrava
Star
Star
This feature has been working for me since launch but today I’m starting to also get alerts for motion when I have “person” selected. Let’s email support.
rdu1991
Tutor
Tutor

Same! About two days ago my Arlo Pro 2 cameras started alerting me for anything that they detect - cars, cats, and people. It's really annoying as I have one camera facing the street that I had to adjust the activity zones for to stop it. I've tried restarting the base and turning the cameras on and off. Plus I've triple checked the settings to make sure they're set to only alert on people. I'm starting to smell a bug in their latest firmware...

circlecf
Guide
Guide
I’m using the Arlo Pro 2, and smart notifications are now broken. It used to only push Person alerts, but now it pushes motion alerts as well (labeled Motion in title). I toggled the Other option in Smart Notifications back on and off again a few times, saving and using in between. Still didn’t fix it. Other camera works ok. This started when main camera started to ask me if an identified movement was a person or other.
icstars
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing started happening with me in the last day or two.  But there was nothing that I can tell caused anything to start going wrong.  I haven't changed anything with the settings in months - I've have notifications setup to only push persons detected for a long while, but now getting push alerts for everything even regualr motion detection.  I called support (India) sat on the phone for 38 minutes with someone who barely speaks English.  He proceeded to tell me I need to turn my sensitivity down to 40%.  This did not fix it and it makes no sense as to why he would even suggest that.  When I told him it still sends a push notification for my dog running around in the yard, he told me to turn off my alerts.  What a freaking joke!!  Their support staff don't even know how their product works or how to troubleshoot.  I got even more frustrated when he said he would have to place me on hold for 30 minutes to escalate the issue and I didn't have time to wait so I hung up.  I pay for their service so I can stop getting alerts on non-person motion detection and now it's broken -- they won't acknowledge it. 

DrakeInBham
Initiate
Initiate
Same scenario
icstars
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing started happening with me in the last day or two.  I haven't changed anything with the settings in months - I've have notifications setup to only push persons detected for a long while, but now getting push alerts for everything even regualr motion detection.  I called support (offshore) sat on the phone for 38 minutes with someone who barely speaks English.  He proceeded to tell me I need to turn my sensitivity down to 40%.  This did not fix it and it makes no sense as to why he would even suggest that.  When I told him it still sends a push notification for my dog running around in the yard, he told me to turn off my alerts.  What a freaking joke!!  Their support staff don't even know how their product works or how to troubleshoot.  I got even more frustrated when he said he would have to place me on hold for 30 minutes to escalate the issue and I didn't have time to wait so I hung up.  I pay for their service so I can stop getting alerts on non-person motion detection and now it's broken -- they won't acknowledge it. 

circlecf
Guide
Guide
The iOS updated recently, and I suspect they hav me bugs to work out. Also noticed the brand new “is this a person” pop up shows a grey screen with a little white box instead of an image preview, on both iPhone X and 7. I’m hoping that an app update will fix it. Thanks for letting me know I’m not alone!
DrakeInBham
Initiate
Initiate
I just got off of support chat with Arlo. They said it's an ongoing issue and their engineering staff are looking into it. No eta of a fix.
sigsegv11
Tutor
Tutor

Tossing my hat into the ring too, this started happening to me. I was pretty happy with my Arlo cameras until this.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Little by little stuff stops working that was the reason to buy the system in the first place. This is now borderline fraud as we all pay for the "SMART" Notifications and NEITHER do these "SMART" Notifications arrive in a timely manner anymore, NOR are they actually "SMART" Notifications anymore as advertised. You cannot even take cameras out of the "SMART" zone anymore to get the old fashioned Notifications which are still instant, because that doesn't work anymore either! WTF is wrong with you Netgear???

We all should get back the monthly subscription fees because we do not get what we paid for!

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

We are aware that some Arlo Smart subscribers who have enabled the Person Detection feature are receiving additional notifications. Our team is working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

-The Arlo Team

A-C
Initiate
Initiate
Please make sure the support team knows this and communicates it to subscribers. I spent over two hours communicating with the support team only to have no results and no response back.
circlecf
Guide
Guide
I might have found a fix... I went into the camera settings
(Settings/my devices / Pick camera) and toggled it off. Left it off for several hrs or so. Then when I toggled it back on, working again!
circlecf
Guide
Guide
(Settings/my devices / Pick camera) and toggled it off. Left it off for several hrs or so. Then when I toggled it back on, working again!
circlecf
Guide
Guide
circlecf
Guide
Guide
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

elwoodj,

Have you tried to reboot your base station & remove/re-insert the batteries in the camera?