Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

OK so here is my question, every day this week but one when I check my system all notifications are toggled on and I turn off toggle off those I don't want on just to do it all over the next day.  Now the question is, if I don't toggle them on where in the Arlo system are these being toggled on ?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We'll provide an update as soon as we have more information.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

thank you

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been getting unwanted notifications as well. I have four cameras on AC. What I have noticed is when I start to receive notices for "animals" I look at my Smart notification settings and they have all been turned back on despite my prior choices. I turn off animals and it will be back on again the next day. This has been happening for a little while now.

rjc03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing the same or similar issues as described. I have disabled the animal detection on two cameras. I still keep getting push notifications for animal events. When I check the animal detection has re-enabled itself. I am the only user on the account. The settings keep getting reset outside of my actions.

Also I notice that when disabling the animal notifications it takes some time to propagate through the system as the push events will occur of some time with it disabled.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I checked my settings after reading this post and noticed the  motion options I had off are back on. The camera I set up yesterday still correctly had them on. I just had motion off but now turned animal off just to see if they come back. This is iPhone7 latest update. On the web portal it show no cams active and will not let me add saying no more cameras can bee added. No settings options.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

One thing for sure, it's still not fixed.  The thing is there are only so many possible ways the switches can be turned on, how hard can it be.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Well 2 hours later checked the setting and animal was back on. Motion was still off. So seems to be something with the animal setting.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Funny that, I’ve never seen that. My setting remain constant.