Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
vaquilter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the Costco bundled Arlo wired security doorbell camera system that included 1 year of Smart Plan services.  Setup camera and Arlo account and was able to setup security zones, etc. initially.  Then the system stopped allowing access to the security zone settings or detection settings.  Arlo has dropped the ball on following through with their Costco agreement and the Smart Plan for Costco customers.  I have contacted Arlo support several times over the last two months with nothing, no help to fix this problem.  Customer service is what makes a product and Arlo is not providing support to this issue.  Will notify Costco on this purchase and that Arlo is not keeping their promises/commitment to Costco customers.  Will see if I can return this product to Costco and receive a refund.  I will purchase a Nest product that has not had these issues, per a family member.  Disappointed that Costco is carrying a product that the vendor does not stand behind.

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

@vaquilter Who told you or where did you see at Costco about a 1 year trial to smart? Do you have a document from Costco stating that?

vaquilter
Aspirant
Aspirant

https://www.costco.com/arlo-wired-video-doorbell-with-1-year-of-arlo-smartservice.product.100703271....

Please see the ad that Costco has and YES, this is what we purchased.\

Hope this answers your question of Whom offered this one year Arlo Smart plan with the Costco purchase!!!!

amitnow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  Time to return and make consumer fraud folks aware.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi amitnow,

If your Arlo Smart plan is not working on your Video Doorbell or your account, navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.

WEA1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That does work!