Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart 3 months included subscription model AVD2001 won't activate.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
WEA1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an Essential wire-free doorbell with 3 months included Arlo Smart. After installation it shows the doorbell is inactive under Manage Arlo Smart. Other cameras (4) I installed at the same time all show active. How can I activate the doorbell so I can use the Smart features?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The trial should have automatically activated.

But it appears you already have a paid subscription, and it looks like you are under the 5-camera limit for Premier/Elite (and there is no limit for Secure/Secure Plus).  So you can just move the doorbell into your existing subscription.    Just drag it from the no plan list to there in "manage cameras" 

WEA1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't show up under the No Plan.  Under settings>subscription>, all of the other cameras are listed under 3-month trial. Under Arlo Secure and CVR Plan it simply says No Plan. Under settings>Arlo Smart-Smart Notifications, other cameras are listed under Active Cameras and the doorbell is listed under Inactive Cameras. 

I have received emails acknowledging my purchase of the doorbell and that there is a 3-month trial. Talked with tech support, went through re-install twice to no avail, sent copy of purchase receipt, was assured problem would be solved. Its been 3 days and nothing.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey WEA1,

You mentioned you talked to the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.