Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Top 10 Reasons to Love the Arlo Security Light

1. 100% Wire-Free Set-Up

With no power cords or wiring hassles, you can easily mount your Arlo Security Light on walls, eaves, gazebos, and more, anywhere around your home, so you are not bound by the power source, but by where you want the light directed.

1. Smart Controls with Arlo App

With the free Arlo app, you can control and automate Arlo Security Light from anywhere, and automatically receive instant alerts to your smartphone or email when it detects motion.

1. PIR Motion Detection

You can set the sensitivity level for Arlo Security Light to turn on automatically when the PIR sensor detects motion, and even get motion-activated alerts without having your lights turn on.

1. Weather-Resistant

Arlo Security Light is IP65-rated, making it ideal for outdoors, rain or shine.

1. Customizable Light Settings

Adjust the colors and patterns (spotlight, floodlight, flashing) of your light for specific situations, and group together multiple lights and easily synchronize patterns to turn on/off together.

1. Scheduling

Schedule the Modes for your Arlo Security Light to turn on when sensing motion to discourage would-be burglars and give the illusion that someone is at home.

1. Arlo Integration for Enhanced Home Safety

When movement triggers the Arlo Security Light to turn on, your Arlo Security Cameras can be configured to start recording so you can see the activity or have additional lights turn on.

1. Smart Home Integration with Amazon Alexa® and IFTTT

Use simple voice commands with Amazon Alexa to turn your outdoor security light on and off without lifting a finger. Arlo Security Light works with other IFTTT-compatible smart devices to create endless possibilities for safety and security.

1. Rechargeable Battery

Long-lasting, rechargeable batteries take the expense out of uninterrupted security lighting and for added convenience; the optional solar panel accessory can keep the batteries charged indefinitely.

1. Outdoor Mount

Easily adjustable mounts provide a 360-degree swivel and a 90-degree tilt for the perfect lighting angle when securing your Arlo Security Light over your door, porch, tree, and more.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
82 REPLIES 82
B-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

DJK67
Initiate
Initiate

Really hope this uses the same base station as the Pro cameras. Really don’t need another base unit connected to my router.

JavierL
Guide
Guide

In reading the specs on the site, there is no AC power option, but only for solar. Also, it does not seem to integrate with current Arlo base stations since it has its own bridge. 

castro1688
Star
Star

$250! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA... For TWO LED lights.. I love my arlo pro 2's but seriously.. C'mon... 

Ultbruin
Guide
Guide

Any idea on how many lumens these put out?

Uses same battery as Arlo Pro?

Thanks

bojiro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Preorder kit includes AC adapter, cable. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an awful lot of questions and supposition about a product no one has seen yet. I can't imagine that Netgear is going to release details on an unreleased product.

Garconis
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can't expect people to pre-order a product they know nothing about. How many lumens is this?!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To answer some of the frequent questions surrounding the Arlo Security Light:

-The Arlo Security Light supports up to 400 lumens with adjustable brightness via the Arlo mobile app.

-The Arlo Security Light has no service fees and does not count toward your Arlo account camera limit.

JamesC

jish
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC thanks for the information! Any word on IR illumation? Or is it only visible light? Thanks!
scoliosis
Guide
Guide

I noticed the package includes a bridge. Is that optional for people who already have Arlo cameras or do I need to power yet another device in order to integrate the lights to the cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

scoliosis,

The Arlo Bridge must be used to connect your Arlo Security Light to your home WiFi.

JamesC

scoliosis
Guide
Guide

Thanks James. Off the purchase list it goes then. Why an accessory like a light needs it's own dedicated bridge is beyond me. The security camera product obviously have way more capabilities compared to a simple motion enabled light so one can surmise that its base station is more than powerful enough to handle routing alert/control messages to other parts of the Arlo eco-system. Seriously Netgear needs to think simplifying the eco system. What's next? A door bell that needs its own bridge and then a smoke detector that needs yet another bridge or hey maybe a water leak detector with another bridge?

JavierL
Guide
Guide

I totally agree. It seems Netgear is trying to get new Arlo users by having its own bridge since the cost of the Arlo Pro 2 system may be cost-prohibitive. 

scoliosis
Guide
Guide

The thing is, they could sell the camera bridge with the lights. Then users can add cameras after the fact without needing to buy the bridge. The bridge should be sold at cost. It's the glue to tie users into an eco-system. Then charge a low fee for storing the videos or allow end users to target their own S3 endpoints from the myriad of cloud providers there. Have a low fee to enable the plugins to do so. Hardware is low margin stuff. You can't make money on the hardware. You make money from reasonably priced software subscriptions. The software value add would be the data that users create - What types of triggering mechanism during what day/time? How often? Which neighborhood? Let users tag if X person visiting is a sales person, potential thief scoping out the area, etc... Tie the video into the community so neighbors who are also Arlo users can see the thief, etc... Think services, not just one shot hardware sales!

jjames1
Guide
Guide

I also would like a external siren, having it built into the hub, means the theives would destroy the hub to silence it, meaning no more video, be harder to find the hub if not making noise

JoeyBeppy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the Arlo lights use the same rechargeable batteries as in the Pro or Pro-2?

Garconis
Aspirant
Aspirant
IR light to help enhance the camera visibility would be awesome.
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

I am in complete agreement. I came to the site really quick to read up before pre-ordering and saw this! I don't like that it doesn't work with the base station. I'm sure there will be a reply as to why I should like it, but I don't. Was ready to pre-order, but have changed my mind. Don't need "one more thing".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not every Arlo camera uses a base station. How would you propose that someone with only Q or Go cameras use the lights?

scoliosis
Guide
Guide

Then they add the extra base station that the light needs. The key here is integration with existing base stations. If you already have one, you don't add another. With Q users, they aren't adding yet another redundant device. For these users, after they add the base station for the light, there is now an opportunity for Netgear to upsell them the Arlo Pro cameras and move towards the full ecosystem instead of disparate standalone devices.

JavierL
Guide
Guide

I totally agree with you. Besides, why can't the lights be cameras as well. What a waste from Netgear. That is why I also have ring spotlight.

abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Base station for those who have one, bridge for those who don't. But I guess that's why I'm an accountant and not an engineer, lol.

scoliosis
Guide
Guide

No. Just have 1 base station. If you introduce the bridge, the user would have to buy a base station if they decide to add a camera. No reason why the base station can't be used for all the associated Arlo accessories.

DaveRichardson
Tutor
Tutor
Let’s get an external alarm built-in with the floodlight!