Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Top 10 Reasons to Love the Arlo Security Light

1. 100% Wire-Free Set-Up

With no power cords or wiring hassles, you can easily mount your Arlo Security Light on walls, eaves, gazebos, and more, anywhere around your home, so you are not bound by the power source, but by where you want the light directed.

1. Smart Controls with Arlo App

With the free Arlo app, you can control and automate Arlo Security Light from anywhere, and automatically receive instant alerts to your smartphone or email when it detects motion.

1. PIR Motion Detection

You can set the sensitivity level for Arlo Security Light to turn on automatically when the PIR sensor detects motion, and even get motion-activated alerts without having your lights turn on.

1. Weather-Resistant

Arlo Security Light is IP65-rated, making it ideal for outdoors, rain or shine.

1. Customizable Light Settings

Adjust the colors and patterns (spotlight, floodlight, flashing) of your light for specific situations, and group together multiple lights and easily synchronize patterns to turn on/off together.

1. Scheduling

Schedule the Modes for your Arlo Security Light to turn on when sensing motion to discourage would-be burglars and give the illusion that someone is at home.

1. Arlo Integration for Enhanced Home Safety

When movement triggers the Arlo Security Light to turn on, your Arlo Security Cameras can be configured to start recording so you can see the activity or have additional lights turn on.

1. Smart Home Integration with Amazon Alexa® and IFTTT

Use simple voice commands with Amazon Alexa to turn your outdoor security light on and off without lifting a finger. Arlo Security Light works with other IFTTT-compatible smart devices to create endless possibilities for safety and security.

1. Rechargeable Battery

Long-lasting, rechargeable batteries take the expense out of uninterrupted security lighting and for added convenience; the optional solar panel accessory can keep the batteries charged indefinitely.

1. Outdoor Mount

Easily adjustable mounts provide a 360-degree swivel and a 90-degree tilt for the perfect lighting angle when securing your Arlo Security Light over your door, porch, tree, and more.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
82 REPLIES 82
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Cannot wait to test this out !

I would like to see an external Siren in the near future, in the same form factor.  For outdoor triggered events, the speaker on the base is not effective and often too low since it radiates from inside the house.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Is range detection more than 25 feet?.. If it is, I can definitely make a use of this to trigger my cams ahead of time at night.. 

LeNoir
Star
Star

Hi @BretD,

How many lumens will the security light emit?

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

When Lumens stat is finalized we will release the information.

____
bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Netgear security light looks like a great product.  The specifications read can be link to Arlo cameras.  I am wondering if the security light is counted towards the five cameras free accounts and does it have separate WiFi or use the base station WiFi.  Thanks Bob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We'll have to see about that.  Personally, I don't see it as having it count as a camera since it's not - it's just an accessory.  I haven't heard anything about this but I'm sure we'll know for sure as the camera either gets close to release or, at least, when released.  We have a few months to wait on that...

JavierL
Guide
Guide

I agree on that. Based on the limited specs and watching the video, there is no grill for audio or siren. It would be a merely accesory to imitate ring spotlight cam. Having Arlo Pro 1 and 2, I bought a couple Ring spotlight battery cams to compliment the arlo system since the two-way audio, siren and light are key things. However, Ring spotlight sucks at night vision.

Tom06
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is there an option for the light to run off of ac power, or only battery?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We don't know for sure - this is only a product announcement for springtime. However, the solar panel is supported so I imagine AC power would be, too.  Not sure it's really needed.

jerry2017
Star
Star

That would be a great feature. Arlo Pro has 2 way convo.  To "chirp out" a signal on motion would be nice.

The light... can't wait to get them mounted and sync'd with the cameras!

jerry2017
Star
Star

Gonna be nice!

Would be great if the light triggered when a camera activates. From the description it's a one way. If the light detects then you can configure the cameras but what if my cameras detect before the light? They probably would. Having the ability to configure the light to turn on when other cameras detect motion would be a good deterant.

jerry2017
Star
Star

The point of arlo cameras (to me and why I purchased) is that they are long lasting power without AC.

Cali0
Initiate
Initiate
I am so excited about this announcement! We absolutely love our Arlo cameras and have been looking for a battery powered light that is not junk. Yay Arlo!!!!
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

The same way you can use a second camera a trigger, yet not record, you can use a light as a trigger for a camera, or another light, and not, or use cameras as triggers for the light.

jerry2017 wrote:

Gonna be nice!

Would be great if the light triggered when a camera activates. From the description it's a one way. If the light detects then you can configure the cameras but what if my cameras detect before the light? They probably would. Having the ability to configure the light to turn on when other cameras detect motion would be a good deterant.

____
jnallen
Guide
Guide

I hope this becomes available soon. 

sagethyme
Guide
Guide
Does the motion detector on the light trigger in the daytime or only at night when light is needed? In order to use It to trigger cameras It has to trigger all the time. It is about time for Arlo to develop a stand alone motion detector, so many other systems offer them.
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

sagethyme wrote:
Does the motion detector on the light trigger in the daytime or only at night when light is needed? In order to use It to trigger cameras It has to trigger all the time. It is about time for Arlo to develop a stand alone motion detector, so many other systems offer them.

Anytime motion is detected, day or night, as long as it is over the lights detection threshold.  You can decide to have the light turn on, or not, but it will still trigger an event.

____
sagethyme
Guide
Guide
In reality they behave created a stand alone motion detector, they just choose not to sell them.
RVP
Star
Star

Like the idea. Also it would be nice if it has the plugged in option like Arlo Pro. This way you can connect wright in to wiring in places like garage overhead light fixtures.

mrbenl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just a suggestion, but I would love it if it came in an infrared led version, or the ability to switch between visible or infrared so it would not only set off the camera but provide more light to see the object in question better in the foreground.

Also hope it comes with the ability to plug it in to AC.

Smiley Happy

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

mrbenl wrote:

Just a suggestion, but I would love it if it came in an infrared led version, or the ability to switch between visible or infrared so it would not only set off the camera but provide more light to see the object in question better in the foreground.

Also hope it comes with the ability to plug it in to AC.

Smiley Happy

Great idea for the Arlo Idea Exchange.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

____
mrbenl
Apprentice
Apprentice

BretD, thanks, sent it over to idea exchange too.

Smiley Very Happy

hiutin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it going to count as one of the five camera? 

sagethyme
Guide
Guide

Any idea when this product will be out?

Will the motion detection be faster than my Arlo cameras? I have a large lag time.