Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Uclaby7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have encountered several problems with Modes for my Arlo Security Lights.

All three Arlo Security Lights work great when I do not Mode them - I just rely on motion sensors in each light. 

However, when I set a Mode for one Light (light to be both dimmer and blue in color) when motion is detected, motion for the remaining two lights stopped working altogether.

Why is this happening?

It seems that using Modes messes these lights up.  They only work with no modes and just reliance upon their own motion sensors.

Has anyone experienced this? 

If so, were you able to fix?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just remember, that if a light or camera is NOT in the active mode, then it is off ( by default )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@TomMac wrote:

Just remember, that if a light or camera is NOT in the active mode, then it is off ( by default )

So check your rules and modes to ensure that you have an arrangement rule so that every light turns on when it senses motion.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Uclaby7
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK.  Thank you.

This leads to my further question/problem...

For my Bridge, if I select Armed and nothing else, all my Arlo Lights motion sensing will work.  

But, in order to effect the Custom Modes, I have to click on each one - which will uncheck my Armed Motion Detection Selection. 

Further, I can check only one Custom Mode at a time. 

How can I check on Armed Motion Sensing and also check on all my Custom Modes at the same time so that I can get all the lights to work as designed?

brh
Master
Master

@Uclaby7,

You can only select one mode at a time, so I think you are not understanding how these lights and modes work. Create a Custom Mode and add Rules for each camera and light. For each rule using the +Add Device, select each camera and light that you wish to activate when this camera or light detects motion. Example:

When Front Porch Camera detects motion turn on Front Porch Camera to record. [+Add Device] Front Yard Camera to record. [+Add Device] Front Door Light to turn on, [+Add Device] Front Yard Light to turn on. Edit the rules for each camera rule and for each light.

Brian

Uclaby7
Aspirant
Aspirant

That one can only select one mode at a time; hence, the one mode needs to be totally configured for all the lights you choose, absolutely makes sense.  I will reconfigure to this and will try this out.  I will let everyone know how it goes.  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation