Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Drkahealani65
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was an issue on our end that prevented some users from claiming new light kits that should now be resolved. If you were previously unable to sync lights with a new Arlo Security Light kit, please try again now and let me know if you experience any issues.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drkahealani65,

What model is the mobile device you're using to claim the security light? At what point are you experiencing the error message?

JamesC

Drkahealani65
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Sometimes the blue lights blink, then a green light flashes. The the Bridge light goes off and when I check Mode, the Bridge shows unarmed. Both the Bridge and my phone is on 2.4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drkahealani65,

A green light flashing indicates the sync was successful, what devices do you see list when you navigate to Settings > My Devices?

JamesC

Dweed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Light flashes green so it has sync’d with bridge, but app says sync failed. Devices only shows bridge not any lights. Tried this two different days and with two different lights - same result. Using iPhone 7 with current iOS. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dweed,

The engineering team is currently investigating reports of users having difficulty syncing lights to their bridge. I will provide an update as soon as I know more. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If possible, could you provide the serial numbers for your Arlo Security Lights that are failing to sync? You can find this serial number inside the battery compartment of the light on a sticker labeled as S/N.

JamesC

Dweed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Serial number of lights that won’t sync (actually they do synch - green lights flash but app doesn’t think they have synch and won’t recognize them):

58R1865E06752
58R1865H05775
58R1865W055F7

Thanks for the help!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dweed,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

rarubin777
Initiate
Initiate

I am getting same problem  Wont synch with bridge, get green flash but followed by app saying that synch failed.  Tried factory reset, but same outcome.  Bridge shows up as listed device but no security light.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was an issue on our end that prevented some users from claiming new light kits that should now be resolved. If you were previously unable to sync lights with a new Arlo Security Light kit, please try again now and let me know if you experience any issues.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

JamesC

hinestosh15
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am experiencing this exact issue.  I have completed every recommendation in this message string and still cannot sync my arlo lights.  Chatting with customer support is maddening!  What is the fix?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hinestosh15,

If possible, provide us with more details about what you're experiencing. At what point are you seeing an issue? Were you able to successfully claim the bridge? What error messages are you seeing?

JamesC

hinestosh15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I am now on hold with customer service since I was getting no where after an hour in the chat window.  Bridge is fully connected and did a firmware update (hardware ABB1000r1.0, firmware 2.0.0.0_22118_107).  Using the app on my iphone I am trying to add the three Arlo Lights that came with my kit.  During the sync process the bridge is blinking blue (quick blinking) and the arlo light is also blinking blue.  The arlo light then blinks green three times and stops blinking (I believe this indicates that it successfuly paired).  The bridge then stops blinking.  The app still shows it is trying to discover the light, only to fail after 30ish seconds stating "Discovery Failed".  I have tried two of the arlo lights with no luck.  I have removed the battery, provided AC power to the arlo light, and went through the same sync process with no luck.  

Customer service just indicated that this is a known issue, logged my case, and said I will be contact when there is a fix.  There is no estimated time for repair.  Is this true?  How long should I "patiently" wait to use my new cameras before I give up and return to the store?!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hinestosh15,

I apologize for the poor out of the box experience...we had an issue with this previously that has since been resolved. I've escalated this topic to the development team, I will provide you with an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

hinestosh15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  My case # is 40566895.  Any assistance getting this resolved is much appreciated!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hinestosh15,

Can you try again now and let me know if you still are not able to sync your lights?

JamesC

hinestosh15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I was able to successfully sync my arlo light to the app.  However, it will not record video and I have no live view.  I completed motion detection test successfully (yellow light shown) and the bridge is Armed.  What am I missing? 

Also, I tried viewing any video from the arlo light via my iphone and via a browser, both do not show live view or saved video in the library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lights don't have a camera - they're just lights. However, you can set up modes and rules so that when  camera detects motion a light will turn on and vice versa.

hinestosh15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @jguerdat, I thought these were lights AND cameras.  I've wasted too many hours today trying to get them to sync with app, the fact they are not cameras as well means I will be returning them.  

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation