Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo security light: motion sensor posts message to phone, but light does not activate

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kjmarlo76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have synced my three new security lights and set them on my table. All lights are present in the app device list as active, and all have mode rules to light up if motion is detected.  Each gets the positive yellow light test for the motion sensor test.  Yet when I walk past the table, only one of the devices lights up (same device each time), yet each device sends a post to my phone indicating motion was detected.  Any ideas why this problem exists??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The lights have an ambient light sensor. They will not light up if there is ambient light above a certain threshold. If you can wait til it's dark or take the light to somewhere with no light eg a cupboard/closet, you can test the motion detection and light function

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The lights have an ambient light sensor. They will not light up if there is ambient light above a certain threshold. If you can wait til it's dark or take the light to somewhere with no light eg a cupboard/closet, you can test the motion detection and light function

kjmarlo76
Aspirant
Aspirant

AHA!  Should have thought of that!  Tested it last night and all three light up.  ALSO, stumbled upon the fact that the rules have a setup for light color and such for both the motion sensor activated light and the permanently on light... I had only adjusted the color on the permanent light setup, had to drill down to set the motion activated color rule.  Thanks much.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation