Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
IraJ
Tutor
Tutor

I have named my security lights, but when I get alerts they are just generic. I have reset and removed the devices and still getting generic alerts.

45 REPLIES 45
IraJ
Tutor
Tutor

Nope.   I'm stil waiting on a fix to be released.

Siegbjam
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I got a motion detection alert on my phone in the past, the alert would tell me which light of my 2 security lights activated. Recently it doesn’t tell me which light is activated on my alert. The alert I get on my phone says “motion detected on light bridge”. I already removed the light bridge and lights and reinstalled them with my wi fi and checked for updates available. All are up to date.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Siegbjam wrote:
The alert I get on my phone says “motion detected on light bridge”.

Are you here to report that you have the same issue as everyone else in this discussion? Or are you after something else?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Djam311
Star
Star

It’s been almost 2 weeks since you have “identified the problem”, any updates on a fix. My system is useless in it’s current state.

Siegbjam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am having the same error message. “Motion detected at light bridge”
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Djam311 wrote:

My system is useless in it’s current state.

Thinking about this, can you explain what isn't working in your system?

I have had similar issues with hubs for cameras reporting "events".

Base Station Motion Detected notifications - Arlo Community

But other than that the recordings seem to be there. It is just a nuisance getting fake messages.

In my case, lights perform as expected. They come on as required.

Do you have the lights set to trigger events that aren't working.

Reading the messages that have appeared here, few provide enough information to be able to pin down what is happening, with the exception of @Siegbjam and @NatBran  who have good reason to be upset, with no ability to tell which lights is setting things off.

But do they have other events triggered by those lights, cameras recording for example, that don't happen?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
CorNotch
Tutor
Tutor

When is the fix coming?  This issue has been present now since at least June 18th so we are now going on a glitch for a product that is a month in now which is completely unacceptable.

BelmontCottage
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. I’ll wait for the fix.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Any status updates on the fix coming from arlo?
brimanCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to know if there is an update on this issue. 

Trahuy
Initiate
Initiate
I won't buy any more Arlo products (I had the Arlo, Arlo pro, Arlo light, Arlo pro 2, Arlo Ultra). This is unacceptable action from Arlo for not have been able or ignored to fix the issue over a month long.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Trahuy wrote:
This is unacceptable action from Arlo for not have been able or ignored to fix the issue over a month long.

It has not been ignored. (See the reply from @JessicaP.)

Re: Security Light Generic alerts - Arlo Community

And it isn't over a month. (Yet.)

Apart from that bang on.

A similar issue has hit Arlo hubs:

Base Station Motion Detected notifications - Arlo Community

So it seems to be a bit more complicated than we might think.

Just another user
stabarez26
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same exact issue that has been going for over a month now with multiple lights. I’m just wondering why you think downplaying the situation and providing excuses for the company does anybody any help for customers who pay for arlo products (which aren’t cheap) to get their products working the way they like them. And if the answer is another smartsss excuse then just choassup

I would also like to know if there’s any update on the light situation. Thank you
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@stabarez26 wrote:
I’m just wondering why you think downplaying the situation and providing excuses for the company does anybody any help for customers who pay for arlo products (which aren’t cheap) to get their products working the way they like them. And if the answer is another smartsss excuse then just choassup

I see no evidence that anyone has done that.

Oh, I see, correcting errors and explaining what is happening upsets you.

I'd love to "choassup" but it may be illegal where I live.

Just another user
CorNotch
Tutor
Tutor

I have worked in IT for 12 years and if we were not able to fix a glitch (that yes indeed has now been a month long, just go look at the first post on this thread and it won't take much math to see it's been a month now) we would be fired from out job to have something not fixed in that time spam.  No need for sarcastic comments on here to those who are very frustrated now with the amount of time that has passed.  We are valued customers that Alro I would think would like to keep as we paid a good amount of money for their products.  I see their shares are also under 3 dollars so if they would like to see that climb, customer support needs to improve. 

2036ARLO
Initiate
Initiate

I am also experiencing the same problem - generic alerts rather than light specific.  Some problems are more difficult to solve but there is no excuse for the lack of timely updates.  As someone mentioned, many users have a large investment in ARLO products but there are alternatives.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@michaelkenward wrote:

I missed the part where you explained what's happening, all we've seen is a month ago Arlo say they're working on a fix....to a problem that they themselves created let's not forget. I think people are showing more patience than Arlo deserves at this point TBH.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@mamarcac wrote:

I think people are showing more patience than Arlo deserves at this point TBH.

Absolutely. And Arlo has been asked, in more polite and factually correct terms that are harder to ignore than disinformation, to get its finger out through other channels.

It is particularly  annoying to get no feedback after a month. But making things up gets us nowhere.

That Arlo hasn't fixed it suggests that it is more complicated than we might think.

One thing that I still do not know is if this is more than an annoyance.

We don't know much about the systems that people have. They happily rant but don't seem keen to explain what happens.

For example, is this simply a case of confusing messages? (It says hub rather than camera X.)  Or are lights getting triggers all wrong when you prompt a camera to react?

I know that users should not have to get involved in this sort of thing. But every bit if information helps. It might also embarras  Arlo into responding.

By all means huff and puff, but watch your blood pressure. And wear a facemask.

Just another user
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@michaelkenward wrote:

That Arlo hasn't fixed it suggests that it is more complicated than we might think.

Sorry but history says otherwise, just look at earlier this year when the community went up in arms because Arlo increased mp4 compression server-side and they stalled for months before admitting it, even after being provided a stack of uploaded videos and everything else they asked for. People wasted hours resetting base stations and re-syncing cameras (suggestions posted by the Moderators and "Gurus" here, by the way), all the while Arlo knowing what the cause was because, wait for it, they're the ones who made the change. Arlo then magically gave us back our typical below-average video quality because we caused enough of a stink...and all without a firmware update, because it was just server-side all along.

If the moderators here aren't being informed of the changes Arlo makes in the app/servers/etc, that's an Arlo communication issue. Again, not something us customers are responsible for nor should be burdened with. I mean look at the Release Notes, are you serious? What's the point of even posting these? As a Linux person and open-source advocate these hurt my soul for their lack of transparency.

You can find many more examples on these forums for the past 2-3 years of a firmware or server-side issue causing users, the customers who paid handsomely for this equipment, headache and time wasted.  We're not paid Arlo testers. They know exactly what they're doing, please don't try to defend them.

arlo1.pngarlo2.png

G6
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@stabarez26 wrote:
I’m just wondering why you think downplaying the situation and providing excuses for the company does anybody any help for customers who pay for arlo products (which aren’t cheap) to get their products working the way they like them. And if the answer is another smartsss excuse then just choassup

I see no evidence that anyone has done that.

I'd love to "choassup" but it may be illegal where I live.

@michaelkenward - your contributions are neither constructive nor helpful.

People who are waiting for a fix for over a month are entitled to express their dissatisfaction with an expensive product that is currently not working. A problem arlo has more than likely caused thru a defective update or similiar.

Unless you have the solution, no need to reply - we don't need your peurile nonsense thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A cloud fix has been released that resolves this issue. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know.