Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
jrager
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have two AL1001R4 lights connected to an Arlo bridge.  Have had these armed on a schedule for a few years with no problems.

A couple of months ago I noticed that neither of them were arming any more when they should.  I went into modes in the app at a time when the lights should be armed, selected "disable", then "schedule", and they armed.  The exact same thing happened at the disable time - they stayed as "armed".  I again went into modes in the app, selected "disable", then "schedule", and they disarmed.  The behavior has been this way ever since.

I also have three cameras connected to the same bridge, on a schedule, and these have worked with no issues all along.

I've power-cycled the base, power-cycled and reset the bridge, removed and re-added the lights, removed and re-added the schedule for the lights on both the mobile app and the Arlo website, and I'm still having this issue.

Nothing changed as far as I'm aware that could have caused this.  The system obviously realizes when the lights should be armed or disarmed, it just doesn't see it unless I change the mode to something other than schedule and change it back.  This is of course not something I should have to do twice every day - schedule mode for my lights is basically useless at this point.

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.  Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
jrager
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just noticed several earlier posts from others about similar issues over the past several months.  I don't see any solution that has worked reliably.  Though it's comforting to know this isn't just me, it's alarming to see no diagnosis or resolution.

Please don't suggest resetting/removing/re-adding - I've reset everything, removed and re-added all devices and schedules except for my cameras and I certainly don't want to do that as they are working - I'm not going to risk this issue bleeding over to them.

Has Arlo determined what the issue is, and if so when will the fix be available?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jrager 

I notified the team and I am waiting for more info regarding your symptoms. I will report back as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jrager 

The symptom you're experiencing should be resolved in a future update, at this time we have a test firmware that we put your device on. Can you reboot your base station and unplug/replug the bridge and test again?

jrager
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back to me Shayne,

I rebooted the base station and unplugged/replugged the bridge, and from what I can see this fix is working.

I put in a test schedule to arm the lights from 11:05am to 11:10am and watched mode on the app, and I saw it change from disarmed to armed and back to disarmed correctly.

I believe this issue is resolved, but I'll check again tonight and tomorrow morning when the typical schedule is set to run.

I really appreciate the fix being made available.

Thank you,

John

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jrager Thank you for the update.

manojpatel77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the same problem. How do I access the test firmware please?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@manojpatel77 I notified the team and I will report back as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @manojpatel77 

Your devices were placed on the test version as well. 

Bbprthead
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing this issue for several months as well. Can I please be added to this “test” case as well??

Stelly22
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS am I also able to access the test firmware? I’ve  been experiencing the same issue the OP described for quite some time. Thank you! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Stelly22 I notified the team, I will let you know when this occurs. 

fritzKU
Tutor
Tutor

Have this same problem!!! When is a permanent fix gonna happen?

BV28
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the schedule mode for the Light Bridge that does not arm or disarm the lights based on the set schedule. I have to manually arm and disarm the lights. Like others, I have rebooted the light bridge, removed and readded the schedules. The schedule mode for the cameras works fine. I'm using the Arlo Secure app v5.0_258726.   I read that a firmware update is supposed to fix the problem. When will the update be available and how will I know to apply it? The firmware version on the light bridge is 2.0.1.0_307_376 

Stelly22
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS the new test firmware seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Stelly22 

Thank you for letting me know. 

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation