Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Google Home Grouping Lights - error

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
coolethan
Guide
Guide

My lights work great with google home (voice, hub, phone app, etc) but they dont play nice with others.

For example - My backyard has several security lights + smart light swithes. If I ask google to turn on all backyard lights, it will only turn on the smart switches, and return an error.

Also - My front yard only has two security lights. When I ask google (again) to turn all lights on OR off, it will come with an error.

However, the lights do come on / off when I call them out individual. Any advise

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

coolethan,

The development team is investigating this issue. We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

JamesC

coolethan
Guide
Guide
Thanks!

I can reconfirm - they don’t turn on when grouped.

Also, it would be great to get an IFTTT to turn all lights on, or be able to group lights together as activity’s.

Basically copy the My Leviton App. I have 15 switches group together and can do a bunch of cool things... must I can’t switch 2 or 6 Arlo lights on or off at the same time?

coolethan
Guide
Guide
FYI google assistant typically response...

“That mode isn’t available for X lights”

X depends on home many lights are grouped together.. my case three. (1) smart light switch and three Arlo lights
coolethan
Guide
Guide
Any update on the investigation?

Have you guys actually linked multiple lights to a google hub? Pretty straight forward.... I’m sure I’m not the only one with lights on a hub having this problem...
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation