Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Security Light updated firmware to 3.2.51 2 days ago and will not turn on with the Light ON/OFF switch. Switch slides to ON (green) for a few seconds the jumps back to OFF (white), and light does no turn on.  The Range utility shows light is within range of the bridge.  Two other lights in same vicinity also with version 3.2.51 work.   Reset Dusk to Dawn to original settings with no change.

8 REPLIES 8
Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Attached file shows problem I mentioned in initial post.  Light doesn’t turn on. Switch just resets to OFF after several seconds.  Power cycling and restarting bridge did not fix.  Removing and reinstalling battery in light did not fix.  Removing light from all custom modes did not fix.   Resetting Dusk to Dawn to factory setting did not fix.   

Other 2 lights work fine.  This light checks out fine with Range and Motion Utilities.  Manual on/off on this light worked until firmware update to V 3.2.51.

Has as anyone else seen this behavior?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor
Will contact supply. That light still doesn’t manually turn on from app. It did before firmware update. Other 2 turn on/off as expected.
VL123
Guide
Guide
I experienced the same problem. Three are ok, but one just refuses to turn on. It is not the range issue as it is so much nearer to the bridge.
Any solution found?
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @VL123

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

VL123
Guide
Guide

Thanks.

I deleted and rebind the light. It is fine now. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is great!

Please let me know if you have any further questions & I will be happy to assist you.

pietrzej
Apprentice
Apprentice
@Lowen
I had the same with one of my lights.
I have rebooted the base station as well as the light and now its fine.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation