Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to install the bridge to my Arlo app. I have a Google Wifi network at my home and I have a Google Pixel 2.  I've turned off my extender on the WiFi in the far room so that my phone connects to the 2.4 network. I'm not running any MAC Filtering. I go through the installation process and my phone connects to the bridge. I select the WiFi network and then I wait. Finally, it will tell me that it failed to add the bridge to the network. 

However, if I go to my Google Wifi, I can see the bridge.  ABB1000.  I can ping it and I can run a speed test on it and the results are 52Mbps. So it is on my network. It's not on my app though. I've done many a factory reset. I've tried connecting without a reset as well. I'm not sure what else I could possibly do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Squared,

Can you provide me with the serial number for your bridge?

JamesC

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

SN: 5631845Y01D77

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the SN give you any insight?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Squared,

Looking into this with the development team. Have you tried to reclaim the bridge again recently?

JamesC

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried it again. Same result. If the blinking light patterns matter, after the phone and bridge connect and then it tries to connect to the network, the bridge will flash amber twice and then the pinkish color a few times, then it will stop flashing any colors. about 30-45 seconds will pass and then I'll get the message that the bridge failed to connect.

I also restarted my hub in case that has any effect. If you have anything else for me to try, just let me know.

Ollie123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue trying to connect base to google web.  Would love to know the solution.

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word on this? I've got a $240+ paperweight that I cannot return to Amazon. I'm not a happy camper. Not because of the product, but because of the lack of support on this issue. I know I am not the only one with a 5g Smart phone with Google Wifi.

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Support.

Is anyone going to address this issue? If not, can you at least address how to get my money back.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Squared,

I apologize for the poor communication and long wait. I will reach out to you in a private message with more information.

JamesC

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

So it's May and it still doesn't work. That makes it going on 5 months now since this started. Support closed the 1st ticket without ever talking to me. Now we are on the 2nd ticket and they got me repeating the stuff I've already done here in Community. It's a freaking joke.

BUYER BEWARE. You will not get your money back if the product does not work. Support is inept and the whole ticketing system is archaic. There isn't a system for you to check the status. Support only wants to talk on the phone so you spend most of your time playing phone tag. Promises are made and not kept. I'll never buy another Arlo product

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Squared,

I apologize for the poor experience. I've sent you a private message detailing the path forward. Please take a look and let me know.

JamesC

Squared
Aspirant
Aspirant

No more private messages. No more troubleshooting. 5 months of troubleshooting is BS and people need to know how incompetent the support system is. Counting the community support, I'm on my 4th ticket. It should have never come to this. I only got some serious attention when I started posting publicly on Twitter with the CEO named. 5 months and the public shaming of the CEO seems to be the way to get anything done.  I was notified a few hours ago that I will finally get my refund. 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation