Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo bridge - Resetting bridge for one fixed motion detection but others still have problems

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

We installed the bridge, and made sure all three lights were in range of it. One of them was intermittent, but we got it to work (resetting the bridge).

I have three lights: Front, Back, and Tree. The first and second night, only the Back and Front detected movement. However, I could turn on the Tree light with the app. 

Now, the Tree and Back detect movement, but the Front did not.

And writing to Support is worthless. Each time I get the automatic response, but that's as far as it goes. 

Could be they're busy with this new virus, so I'm here asking about this intermittent problem. 

Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it easy to swap the lights around?

The back always works, so you could try swapping it with on of the others, and see if the problem moves with the light or not.

Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

Get this. The Tree started working, and then the back stopped. It seems that TWO (chosen by some force in the universe greater than me) always work, but not the same two.

And the "Manual" says that I can choose a "rule" to make all three lights go on at once. I used to write user manuals. I used to design and write programs. But I've spent far too long FOLLOWING directions, and have not found how to change or adopt this rule. 

My next post will be called: The App is Crap. It is totally lacking everything a security system needs. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs here that step you right through modifying as well as creating custom modes for full control?

Ahzoov
Tutor
Tutor

I sure have. And I've found the problem to be intermittent. 

However, I've created modes so that all the lights trigger each other, but when I click Add Device, my camera doesn't show up. That's weird. I've gone over the manual and followed the instructions, but still can't find the camera after Add Device. The document doesn't tell me, but darn, just found out in the built in documentation that cross triggering doesn't work with Arlo Go...which is what I have. 

So, I guess problem solved. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation