Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Security lights schedule not arming on new app

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Nilevy
Aspirant
Aspirant
My lights would become “armed” as per the scheduled setting in the Legacy App, but it won’t enable to “armed” now with the new Arlo app. All settings are good (range, motion sensitivity, etc.). I can manually arm it, but it no longer arms per schedules settings. Is this an issue with the new app? What else can I do to troubleshoot?
31 REPLIES 31
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nilevy wrote:
 I can manually arm it, but it no longer arms per schedules settings. Is this an issue with the new app? 

It's not the app - the schedule is applied by the base station.  You can try clearing the schedule and make a new one.

Nilevy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I tried clearing the schedule and adding a new one, and it is still not arming per scheduled. Any other suggestions?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nilevy wrote:
 Any other suggestions?

You could try removing the light from your account and re-adding it.  Shouldn't be necessary of course, but it might restore correct operation.

Or contact support.

Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im hearing static sounds on my Live feed video. Is this normal for arlo pro 2? Its a total silence inside the house and im hearing static sounds. My firmware is up to date

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jim23

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing & re-inserting the battery?

Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try that. I’ll see if will help.
Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already tried restarting and removing the Batteries of all the cameras. It is still doing the same thing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jim23

Is it possible to try removing the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-add it > test again?

Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try it later. Do you want to see sample live feeds from the cameras?
Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried reconnecting the camera. It still has static sound. If you want i can send you live feed sample so you can hear it or tell me if its normal.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

DogDay23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m a brand new user and received the 2-pack security light. Everything setup nicely but the schedule mode to arm and disarm the lights didn’t work after setting the schedule. The other modes appear to work OK.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DogDay23 wrote:
Everything setup nicely but the schedule mode to arm and disarm the lights didn’t work after setting the schedule.

We need to know more. What did you do that "didn't work"? 

What other Arlo equipment do you have? Remember, you set rules and schedule for lights through the bridge.

Joining in on an old conversation, rather than starting with a fresh question, may mean that your post gets overlooked, especially by the Arlo minders.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DogDay23
Aspirant
Aspirant

We need to know more. What did you do that "didn't work"? Using Schedule mode did not work. I even deleted all events and started over

What other Arlo equipment do you have? Security lights (See model above) . Also have the new Arlo App on my IOS using iPhone 12 Pro. 

Remember, you set rules and schedule for lights through the bridge. I don't see in the app where you set rules when you select schedule mode? The other modes it's pretty apparent but schedule mode only lets you set a schedule\events. I even restarted the bridge and re-sync'd. Pics below show the online status of the Arlo bridge and the status from the iPhone app. The online status "Disarmed" is correct base on the schedule that I set but as you see the app shows armed.OnlineBridgeStatus-Schedule.PNGMobileApp-Shows Armed when it should be disarmed.PNGMobileApp-Schedule shows same as online.PNG the lights but same problem. 

Also looks like the online login and the phone app are not syncing. When I use the online to set my schedule it shows the bridge "Armed" and "Disarmed" in the correct events on the schedule but the IOS app does not

Joining in on an old conversation, rather than starting with a fresh question, may mean that your post gets overlooked, especially by the Arlo minders. I joined in on the conversation to inform that she isn't the only one having this problem. I can start a new thread if you want.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

We will have to wait for your images to be approved before anyone can see them.

Attached, rather than embedded, images are quicker to land.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ArloRookie
Guide
Guide
We’re you able to fix the static sound? I was just checking my cameras today and they all have a static sound on live feed and recordings.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ArloRookie

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

ArloRookie
Guide
Guide
Got it fix thank you, for some reason after using the two way talk In one of the cameras. A malfunction created static for all cameras.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Also looks like the online login and the phone app are not syncing. When I use the online to set my schedule it shows the bridge "Armed" and "Disarmed" in the correct events on the schedule but the IOS app does not"

I'm seeing this same thing on Android, did all of the typical fixes, and Mode for the Security Light Bridge still shows blank when using Schedule. Was using the 12/21/2019 app version and updated this morning. No change. Web client works fine, but the App shows nothing for Mode on the lights.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mamarcac

Do you happen to have a screenshot of this? My iOS app seems to be functioning properly if I am understanding correctly.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS Here's the Android app screenshot (fully updated and cleared data/cached, rebooted phone, base station, bridge, etc).

modes.JPG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mamarcac

Are you using the Arlo app version 2.12.2 & iOS 13.3?

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS I stated in my original message (9 of 12 in this thread) that I am on Android. I was previously on the app dated 12/21 and updated this morning to the current version on Google Play Store.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mamarcac

I didn't realize you were quoting another user regarding iOS. 

What Android Phone/OS are you using?

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation