Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
markclehman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo bridge ABB1000 stopped working after 1.5 years. Paired with Security light package ALS1101.  I am not aware of any recent change to my network. Arlo support suggested removing the device, now when I try to add it will not reconnect to my network. Arlo support keeps asking me to try the same steps over and over again, as noted in other Community posts.  Any thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried resetting the bridge?

https://kb.arlo.com/000061857/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Arlo-Bridge

If that doesn't help, you may need to buy a new bridge.

markclehman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I have tried the factory reset, but still no luck. I guess I am looking at a new bridge, however Arlo support has told me that the bridge is "acting normally" and is fine, but can't explain why it stopped working suddenly.

Bomberboybrad
Tutor
Tutor

Mine was working for 1.5 years too....  one day it dropped out and didn't turn on again.  I tried troubleshooting, read everything online, spent about 4 hours....   even bought another bridge!  Support helped to take me through the steps and got to the solution with their last step of live chat trouble shooting.

It turns out that; 

If your Arlo APP has found the bridge, but the bridge can't connect to the Wifi, then make sure that your Wifi (where it's broadcasting) should be visible in the "Select WiFi network" list.  That is, don't try to enter manually enter network (because it never worked in the 30 times I tried it).  If it doesn't show automatically on select a Wifi, then the problem is probably that you need to reset your router/modem.

Hope that helps.  I was about to throw my system away until reseting my modem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation