Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
ToobsArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Have a 5 Camera Arlo Pro system together with a 4 light Arlo Security Light system.  Have it setup where the lights can trigger the cameras and vise-versa.  Have two of my lights aimed at the end of my driveway so that they provide cross coverage of each other.  That is, one is on the left of the drive and the other on the right covering the end of the drive and crossing their sensor FOVs a bit.

For the most part, the setup behaves, but at least once a day (no always the same time of day), the sensors of these lights give what appears to be false triggers in rapid succession (1 a minute each) over the course over an hour or three.  Keep moving the sensitivities down (both currently at 20), but while the number of times a day this occurs has decreased, it is still occurring a few times a day.

Anyone else experiencing this???

Thanks,

M

29 REPLIES 29
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Even when disabled? In any event open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
DD12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regarding false triggering, how do you "disable" the security light to avoid alerts when don't want them?  I have the motion sensitivity turned down to 1 and nothing changes.  

FYI, I also have the Arlo camera system and I can easily turn off/on individual cameras; just cant seem to find a way to do the same with the lights?  I must be missing something!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you rmotion sensitivity is set in your modes and rules, not the test. Also, create modes and rules as needed for specific time periods and then use the schedule to automate switching. Any mode without a rule for a light disarms the light. There are FAQs here on how to set up modes and rules for  cameras - the same works for the lights.

There's no On/Off switch for the lights. Use the Disarmed mode instead.

Ltripreno
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is helpful:  "Make sure you rmotion sensitivity is set in your modes and rules, not the test. "

I am getting false activation of 1 light.  Very frustrated.  Will try the above.

Then I may have to submit a hardware problem ticket.

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've just written off Arlo as not ready for prime time.  It is better than nothng but not by much.  Alerts that come 10-20 minutes after something is deteced by the lights is worthless.  Sometimes they alert right away buit other times 10-20 minutes later or when you wake your phone.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation