Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo light will NOT send push notifications.  I have talked with the Support Team to no avail.  I have even bought another light bridge and it doesnt work.  I have tried all the suggestions on the board to no avail.  Am I the only one with these issues?  My Arlo cameras work fine!   

31 REPLIES 31
Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disabled email and text but kept notifications enabled.  I am getting notifications while in the Arlo app that there was motion at the light.  So then I enabled mail but I didnt get any mail.  So it seems there is some link missing.  The system knows there is motion and it can tell the application, but it cant send a text or email like the camera can.  They use separate bases, and I wonder if the code is the same in both places.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any ideas of what to do next?  The app will show that there is motion from the lights but they will not send an email or text.  

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

i do have a case open but I was told they were raising it to 2nd level support.  After that I have not heard another word.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Kelletp,

When did you last hear from Customer Support? Have you contacted them regarding the escalation process to see where it is at?

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I last heard from Arlo on 10/24.  I was told on the phone that it was being escalated to higher level support.  It seems to take 2 hours for each time I call.  So I need to find a 2 hour block of time in my schedule in order to call again.  

I am hoping someone here will have found a fix to this issue.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My push notifications started working today!  I dont know what happened but I am very happy!

kelletp

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Development team has released a fix for this issue. Push notifications and email notifications for lights should now work as expected.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation