Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo light will NOT send push notifications.  I have talked with the Support Team to no avail.  I have even bought another light bridge and it doesnt work.  I have tried all the suggestions on the board to no avail.  Am I the only one with these issues?  My Arlo cameras work fine!   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Development team has released a fix for this issue. Push notifications and email notifications for lights should now work as expected.

JamesC

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

I do not get push or email notice from the safety light with a created custom mode.  In armed mode, the alerts works. I have also deleted some mode and added them again, but with the same result.

I have reset the bridge to factory setting and installed the light to the bridge via QR code again.

The light respond on movements and trigger the cameras, but do not give a push or email.

I have two lights with the same problem, but in different places (70 km distance).)  With two cameras at such a long distance and both have the same problem may well mean there is a server error from Arlo?

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you enable notifications in your custom mode and save?

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

Did you enable notifications in your custom mode and save?

I have done all the procedures Arlo support would have presented; removed the batteries - left the camera for a while, reset the factory defaults and resumed. Deleted mode that does not work and reset, etc., etc.

What is strangest is that it happened simultaneously with both lights - 70 km away. With different bridges, of course!  Smiley Very Happy

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sveinolse,

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC wrote:

Sveinolse,

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Before I discovered the error, I bought 3 new lights. Then I have 5 together. Due to the error, I only activated one of the new lights, and the new one has the same error.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sveinolse,

We hope to have a fix available for this soon. We do know that the issue isn't hardware related, so you're fine to set up the rest of your lights. We appreciate your patience while we work on getting a fix for this released.

For now, we recommended enabling only Push Notifications in your rules as the issue seems to be isolated to when email notifications are enabled.

JamesC

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

You Are Not Alone - same issue; one light issues notifications the other one does not. Tired all sorts of different combinations but no go.

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, you are not alone.  I have 2 security lights and push notifications (email and alerts) have not worked for over a week!  Not sure if this has anything to do with the 2.6.1 iOS app they pushed out recently.  

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Following up on my issue. I have tried a number of combinations for the notification alerts as follows:

Combo A:
Light 1: Push Notification On; Email Alert: Off
Light 2: Push Notification On; Email Alert: Off
Result: Light 1: Notification Sent; Light 2: Notification Not Sent

Combo B:
Light 1: Push Notification On; Email Alert: On
Light 2: Push Notification On; Email Alert: On
Result: Light 1: Notification Not Sent; Light 2: Notification Not Sent

Combo C:
Light 1: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On
Light 2: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On

Combo D
Light 1: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: Off
Light 2: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On

ETC…

As you will note only Light 1 sends out a notification but only when the Push Notification is the only one checked and not when both Email Alerts & Push Notifications are checked.

The (other) funny thing is that I was getting notifications from both lights earlier today but only one now. 

Please help.
Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry - I am talking about the Arlo Security Light and not the Arlo Security Camera (identified the wrong device when I responded to the discussion).

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've tried different combinations too but still no noticications.  The one thing I have not tried is to remove the lights and bridge and install them again.  That will be total BS if that is there solution but I'm guessing we will never find out.  Arlo is pretty much unresponsive when their customers have these kind of problems

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am talking about the Arlo Light as well.  I have even bought another Light Bridge and installed and connected it to one of my lights and it doesnt work either.  I have the latest software on my phone.  I dont know what to do.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

At least you got a notification from one of the lights!  The thing is if I didnt want notifications I could have bought cheaper dumb lights that come on when motion is noticed.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have email notifications enabled in the mode. Can you try and unheck the email notification box in the Mode rule and test again.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant
How will I know if it works?
Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Further update - I am now recieving notification / alerts from both cameras. I did not change anything (checked Push Notification box) on my system - just started working this morning. The only thing I can think of is that we had a short power outage last night & that must have reset the Arlo Bridge. 

Try unplugging your Arlo Bridge, wait a minute or so & plug it back in. Wait till the lights connect to the bridge & check to see if you get notifications when the motion detector is activated.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you mean Arlo Lights or Camera?  I have always received push notifications from my cameras its just my lights that I dont receive notifications from.  I have also tried unplugging the base and replugging it in and it didnt help my situation.  

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently own just the Security Lights & I am recieving push notifications but emails.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very glad yours are working! I still can’t get mine to work and even though I bought another bridge it still doesn’t work. Hoping I can find resolution soon!
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

How far away is the solution?

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Is there anyone in the community that has security lights receiving email alerts when activation occurs??? Email box checked of course 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrimo,

We hope to have a fix available for this soon. We appreciate your patience while we work on getting a fix for this released.

For now, we recommended enabling only Push Notifications in your rules as the issue seems to be isolated to when email notifications are enabled.

JamesC

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kelletp

Do you have email notifications enabled separately or push notifications & email alerts enabled at the same time?  Can you try and unheck the email notification box in the Mode rule, so that only the push notifications are allowed and test again. 

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Kelletp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok I will try to just enable push notifications and not check email/text.
Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation