Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

My light bridge worked without trouble until I had to replace  my wireless router.  The new wireless router is an ASUS RT-AC68U. I have it configured with different SSID names for the 2.4 and 5.0ghz networks. The security is set to WPA2-personal.  I am having trouble getting the light bridge to come back online. Here's some information regarding what I have tried and the steps I have taken.

I am within 1-2 feet of my WIFI router when performing these steps.  My android phone is connected to the same 2.4ghz WIFI network and has Bluetooth enabled. My Arlo base station is plugged into the same ASUS router via RJ45 and all of the cameras function as normal. I have rebooted the base station just for something to try.

I have done a factory reset of the light bridge by holding down the sync button until the light turns amber, and then letting go and waiting until it goes blinking amber.    From this point I unplug it,  pick the Change Network option for wireless and scan the QR code.  I plug it back in and I wait until it blinks amber, then press and hold until it blinks blue to sync.  My phone indicates that it finds the bridge immediately and I then select the 2.4ghz WIFI network and provide the passphrase. I get the dialog box saying it was successful and to wait 3 minutes while it reboots.  The bridge reboots I assume since the purple light comes on for a few moments, it then goes off and no lights ever come on no matter how long I wait.

I have looked at the client list on the router, the light bridge shows as a connected client and has an IP address...it shows on the 2.4ghz network as expected.  

It never comes 'online' in the Android Application, nor do any indicator lights show on the bridge.  The lights work and come on as expected during the setup process...so they do light.

I spent some time with chat  support and they had me redo this dance a few times.  They also had me set my phone to 'forget' and then reconnect to the 2.4ghz network; that did nothing to change things.

What does the indicator on the light bridge staying off mean?  

Any clues on what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

Success, on the 2nd attempt the new bridge came online.  Reassociated the lights with the new one.  Thank goodness this saga is over.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's worth noting that from my laptop I am able to ping both the Base Station and the Light bridge.

What is preventing the connection?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

https://kb.arlo.com/000062037/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-Security-Light-system-mean

Since there's no mention of "off", I might be inclined to think it's a bad bridge.

Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

It could be just a coincidence that it failed at the exact moment I switched wireless routers. I also noted the lack of "lights are off" documentation.  It's connected to the 2.4 network and is pingable, but of course that does not mean the embedded application on the bridge is functioning.  I may just bite the bullet and order a new one.

Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a new light bridge.  It behaves EXACTLY as the original.  Support is now starting to ask seemingly irrelevant questions like "how fast is your download/upload speed for your ISP?" - it's 200/20 and solid as a rock by the way.  "Please give me a list of all the clients attached to your router"  - that seems pointless, I have already stated that the base station and the light bridge are both clients and are "pingable" from my laptop.   The last suggestion from support was to uninstall the Arlo app from my phone, I did the uninstall and did a reboot for good measure, no effect.

I will provide support the information they requested, but am not hopeful. 

Arlo603
Aspirant
Aspirant

Success, on the 2nd attempt the new bridge came online.  Reassociated the lights with the new one.  Thank goodness this saga is over.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation