Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of the Lights would not trigger or show online. Tried removing battery and re-pairing Light.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
raginipaul24
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Outdoor security light with the light bridge ABB1000r model. The lights connected to this bridge have worked perfectly for the past 2 years without and issue. Recently I noticed this past weekend, one of the lights would not trigger or show online in the Arlo app. I started out with putting the battery on the charger for a few hours thinking it just died.. Charges battery back up and I notice the light flashes white 5 times then pauses then flashes again 5 times when on. The app still shows the light offline but then will come back online in the app for a couple minutes then go offline again and go back to flashing the white light 5 times in intervals. I then removed it from the Bridge and then tried to pair it back up. As I went through the pairing process it would blink blue to indicate it was ready to synch. It would then revert back to the flashing white light problem again. I tried to pair it 3 more times with no success. The second light I have connected to the bridge works with no issue. Anyone know if there is any meaning to the light flashing and not pairing back to the bridge and stay 'online'?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible the battery was fully depleted> That requires a bit of work to get it working again. You can test by swapping batteries around to see what happens. If it's the battery, you need to "charge" it like 6 or more times to get enough charge in it to actually fully charge. There's an FAQ here in the support section that describes the process. You don't have to leave it charging for hours in those first steps, just for the final full charge.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation