Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
  • On my android phone just now,  after viewing videos, I wanted to delete them....but... now,  even that function doesn't work. 
  •   After selecting the video,  clicking  "delete " and enter... the video remains in place and a yellow banner appears at the top of the screen that says internal error.
  •   Below is a screenshot of what I'm seeing... I tried to delete them twice, 30 minutes apart.. and ended up with the same failure mode.
  •  
  • Screenshot_20230201-044757_Arlo Secure.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
Htclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got the same thing on the same date.  Reading these posts,  it seems like there's an issue on the last days of the months.  How do we clear this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Htclark wrote:

Reading these posts,  it seems like there's an issue on the last days of the months.  

FWIW, I agree that is likely the cause.

@Htclark wrote:

How do we clear this?

You could try @RegularJoe's approach and delete all content in the cloud.  Go into the privacy center and select content.  Then choose "Erase Arlo Cloud".

If that doesn't work (or you don't want to delete everything), then you'll need to wait for Arlo to fix it.

Klkeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in the USA.  Wisconsin and I have the pro 4 wireless cameras. 

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sheesh....don't muddy the waters.  I have seen nothing indicating that the time of the month has anything to do with the programming error.  It's a failure of programmers to include the feature in the latest update.

FWIW, if you want to save a video, just click "download" and save it to your computer/phone, whatever... then delete them all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klkeuser wrote:

I live in the USA.  Wisconsin and I have the pro 4 wireless cameras. 

Then Arlo Secure is a good choice, and should match what you had in the trial.  You can choose $12.99 per month for unlimited cameras, or go with $119.88/year.  They won't refund anything if you cancel, so there is a bit more risk with the annual option - if you change your mind later, then you are out more money).

Arlo Safe and Secure would add a personal safety app. That includes one-touch emergency activation on your phone.  That would cost you $24.99 per month, so quite a bit more expensive.  I don't have that, and am not making a recommendation (either way).  Just pointing out it is an option.

Arlo's info is here:

Klkeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I need to subscribe to that plan for each camera or would that cover both cameras? I was a little confused when I looked at it. I saw unlimited and wanted that but, it said I didn't have a plan for my second camera 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klkeuser wrote:

Do I need to subscribe to that plan for each camera or would that cover both cameras? I was a little confused when I looked at it. I saw unlimited and wanted that but, it said I didn't have a plan for my second camera 

Unlimited will cover both cameras if they are set up in the same location.  There should be a manage cameras control in the subscription area that lets you move both cameras into the plan.  If you aren't seeing that in the app, then try my.arlo.com on a PC.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was a recent update to address this issue. Please let me know If you are still experiencing this. 

Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue? 

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't know the correct lingo, it's complicated to explain, but.... the original issue.... the pictures still showing when I delete them, in a fashion, yes they still show up in the feed after being deleted...
  Doing a mass-delete... I go through the steps to delete the entire feed...I click the back arrow 3 times after ensuring that "yes", I do want to delete them and it says they're deleted.
  When I get back to the "feed" screen on the phone... the thumbnails with the camera info still show up... looks like they're still available to click on.

BUT , if I click on "devices" right then, and then click back on "feed", they've all disappeared.  

I just now deleted 45 of them... clicked the "person" icon at top left... then on "data privacy" on next screen.... then "content" at the next screen... then "erase Arlo cloud" on the next... then "erase all content" on the next.... (that's the method to mass delete)... then after finishing that function, hit the top left "back" arrow 3 times. That takes you back to the "feed" screen. The "feed" screen is filled with 6 thumbnails for the videos that I just deleted (only room for 6 thumbs on my size screen).
  So, to test... I chose one video and clicked on it... the screen changes and brings up that particular choice from the feed... the video still shows up, but when you click on the "Play" arrow, it won't play.
  That shows me that it's "gone" alright, but the video thumbnail is still there. 
  Like I said... all I have to do is hit the "back" button, click on "devices" icon.. it goes to that screen.. and when you click the "back" button... it takes you back to the Feed screen, which is then empty.

It'd sure be a lot easier if someone could video me going through these steps on my phone instead of me typing it all out like this...

It's not that big of an issue... how about getting them to reinstate our ability to flick backwards or forwards to the previous or next video in the que as we're viewing the videos?

That is what we need the most....