Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"delete video" function failure.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
  • On my android phone just now,  after viewing videos, I wanted to delete them....but... now,  even that function doesn't work. 
  •   After selecting the video,  clicking  "delete " and enter... the video remains in place and a yellow banner appears at the top of the screen that says internal error.
  •   Below is a screenshot of what I'm seeing... I tried to delete them twice, 30 minutes apart.. and ended up with the same failure mode.
  •  
  • Screenshot_20230201-044757_Arlo Secure.jpg

34 REPLIES 34
GGHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep on getting "internal error" when I try to delete the videos on a specific date - dec 31, and of course the videos won't delete.  It is strange since I have no problem deleting for all other dates.  It is happening on both devices I'm using - samsung cel, and ipad, also when I signed into my arlo account.

Any suggestions what's goin

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with deleting videos?

GGHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes

GGHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the apps for on both devices - samsung cel and ipad.  In addition I reformatted the SD card I use in the smarthub.  For some reason, the recordings dated dec 31 are still in the feed and I'm blocked to delete them.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with local storage or cloud recordings or both? 

GGHM
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. I deleted all files and reformatted the SD/local storage a couple of times;

2. I signed online to my Arlo account and still couldn't delete the files dated dec 31;

3. I uninstalled the apps on both devices - my cel and my ipad, however files dated       dec 31 are still shown in "Feed" and still not allowed to delete.

Please take note that I haven' t signed for Arlo Secure service plan, unless I've been enrolled automatically a couple of weeks ago after I bought the camera system and registered with an Arlo account.

I there any I talk direct and sent screen prints to an agent for better understanding of the situation?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GGHM wrote:

Please take note that I haven' t signed for Arlo Secure service plan, unless I've been enrolled automatically a couple of weeks ago after I bought the camera system and registered with an Arlo account.

Normally you would automatically be opted into a trial subscription.

@GGHM wrote:

I there any I talk direct and sent screen prints to an agent for better understanding of the situation?

Go into the support area of the app, and see if there is a phone option there.

Mariozx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with the dec 31 date. I have an Arlo pro 4. I deleted the app and reinstalled still not working. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

Thanks 

Mariozx
Aspirant
Aspirant

4.0.4_28512

But somehow the December 31 Feed is now gone? Not sure how that happened.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Upon edit here, I can't delete any videos from yesterday... there were new videos on this morning and they will delete, but the ones from yesterday.. 14 of them, will not delete.

And, no, I don't have them "favorited" or anything else.. they will just not delete.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

well, after doing a deep dive and fumbling around in the dark, because they can't explain anything and they make everything so **bleep** difficult, .. I found out how to delete all videos at one time, at least on the phone app.

I will post other comments below this that have pictures on what you have to click on on your phone ..at least an Android...to get to the destination that will let you delete everything in the library.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't know how they could make this site harder to navigate than they have... I hate for that to sound like a challenge to the programmers but..

Here are the four steps you can take to get to a place where you can delete your entire video library at once.

Screenshot_20230201-071738_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-071724_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-072125_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-072342_Arlo Secure.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mariozx wrote:

But somehow the December 31 Feed is now gone? Not sure how that happened.

The normal subscription has 30 day retention (only exception is secure plus in Europe, which has 60 days).

Now that you are past the retention date, the video was automatically deleted by the cloud.  Not a real solution of course, but we haven't seen any other posts on this, so it looks like it was a one-of problem.

Vienna
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue with 4 clips recorded on January 31. It will not delete these events.  It allows me to delete ones that occurred before and since. Only on 1 of the Arlo Essential cameras. 

Haystacker
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is now corrected, thank you. What did you do?

Mariozx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I am having the same internal error trying to delete a feed from January 31. I have the most updated version so not sure what's going on.

Vienna
Tutor
Tutor

Not corrected for my situation. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC posted in a different thread that this is happening to some users and a fix is being explored.

Mariozx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you ! Now my January 31 feed had been deleted.

Klkeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having that issue now too. It's not giving me any feeds now but I can view the live camera. What can I do

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klkeuser wrote:

It's not giving me any feeds now but I can view the live camera. 

Do you have a subscription for the camera?

Klkeuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just finished my free trial. Looking at subscription plans to be able to have only the features I had during the trial. Not sure which one I should go with. I have 2 cameras. One at the front door and the other at my back door

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Klkeuser wrote:

I just finished my free trial. Looking at subscription plans to be able to have only the features I had during the trial. Not sure which one I should go with. I have 2 cameras. One at the front door and the other at my back door

What camera models?  (wanting to know if you have 4K or 1080p/2K).

Are you in the US?  Or another geography?