Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

geofencing isnt working anymore

Discussion stats
Molch
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone, my geofencing doesn't seem to be working anymore. I've already tried everything (rebooting the base station, camera, and smartphone) - no success.

Does anyone know who can help with this, or if there's a solution for it?

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to the development team with the information you provided. Can I get the app version you all are using as well please. Thank you and I will update as soon as possible. 

112 REPLIES 112
alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@Marclee78 wrote:

i fixed 3 days ago, everything working 100% since.

hi @Marclee78 , it would be have 2 weeks for you by now.  Just checking to see if your set up is working 100%?  Especially for geofencing "Automation on arrival", when only 1 of your 2 devices is returning home from outside.

Thanks,

Alex

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@alaniz4 wrote:

Got it working, going on 2nd day now. We have two iPhones updated to 18 on Arlo. We deleted all phones from geofencing and reactivated mine. The account is in my email/name. After the second app delete from her phone and re-approving her device after the second time it started working. All this time she has always logged in with my email but this time she logged in with her email (which the approval stated to do). I also approved her for admin rights this time, no sure if that was part of the fix or not.  

Hope this helps someone. 

hi @alaniz4 , has your setup been working 100%, and for how long now?

wondering if you have geofencing for both "automation arrive" and "automation leave"?

Alex

Marclee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Alex 

Yes all good working exactly as it should. 

Marc

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@alex_loo wrote:

@Marclee78 wrote:

Hope this helps, worked for me

hi @Marclee78 and thanks for your reply.

So are you now back to "99% working fine"? .... with:

• your master iPhone + master account
  • wife's iPhone + her "invited" account
  • schedules for 2100 and 0700
  • geofencing working: triggers when both iPhones are away
  • geofencing working: trigger when 1 of the iPhones is back home

And this has been fine since you fixed it after iOS 18 upgrade --- which was days or weeks ago?

Alex

hi @Marclee78 , understand from message 103 that above has been perfectly working fine for at least 2 weeks.  That's really encouraging.  Do you mind sharing your screens/settings for your setup please?  Just wanna clone yours, to start with.  Thanks mate.

Alex

alaniz4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has been working great since my last post. I think it has something to do with my wife logging in under my email like she always had. The only thing I can't seem to get working is notifications. It used to alert when there was a motion or geofencing was activated or deactivated. It doesn't do that no more. 

Marclee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3556.png

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3558.png

Here’s some, don’t know if this covers it! I have 3 cameras on the base and a separate doorbell - I get them to do the opposite things when one is in or both out. Example: I’m in on these pictures so doorbell is armed but cameras aren’t. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marclee78 wrote:

Here’s some, don’t know if this covers it! 

You are using the older "Library" interface, @alex_loo is using the newer "Feed" interface.

Some of the issues he is concerned about are specific to "Feed".

Marclee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really? Everything is up to date, didn’t know there was another interface?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marclee78 wrote:

Really? Everything is up to date, didn’t know there was another interface?

The app has supported two user interfaces for almost 2 years now.  Eventually Arlo will migrate you to the new one. (This is done by changing a back-end account setting).

You can force the migration now if you want, but I recommend sticking with what you have until Arlo flips the switch.

Marclee78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve just googled it and it sounds worse if anything, think I’ll leave it how it is!

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@StephenB wrote:

@Marclee78 wrote:

Here’s some, don’t know if this covers it! 

You are using the older "Library" interface, @alex_loo is using the newer "Feed" interface.

Some of the issues he is concerned about are specific to "Feed".

yes, I was going to say that too.

This is my first time seeing the old app.  Apparently I can't clone your setup, @Marclee78  😥

Alex

teedup
Guide
Guide

I still have this issue. Is there a fix?

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

@teedup wrote:

I still have this issue. Is there a fix?

(now I learned this 😅)

Are you "feed" or "library"?

Alex