Where do i find the 16 character code for the trial on my receipt

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kmht
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased 2 new cameras last year and they were different than the other 2 that automatically record for 7 days.
The new ones apparently need a subscription. We've been using it just as live. But have had some issues and I would like to record. I'm looking all over the receipts and do not see a 16digit code. The numbers are either 17 or 12. None work.
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have a trial subscription heading mentioned in the arlo app under settings, subscription? You can manage them using the website portal.

The free trial begins when you import the camera into the account.

How long was the trial?

What are the new camera models?
Kmht
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your response!
I dont recall mention of it on the app. My husband picked them up at Best Buy. I spent days and days trying to figure out why they weren't recording any footage. Not realizing they are different than the first 2.
We got these new ones a year ago...
Don't recall seeing anything about a trial. Maybe because Im always logged into a secondary account. My husband's email is the primary....as I read through these posts I'm noticing the issues between the two accounts.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I can’t be sure but the ultra cameras came with a 1 year trial, other models after were reduced to 3months trial period. I guess the question is mute since a year has passed already post adding them.

Yes the main account is used to manage subscriptions etc.

If you have a need for arlo cloud recordings then your partner will need to add them to a subscription plan.

What Base station do you have, if it’s a vmb4540 or 5000 you have the option to use direct access storage but not viewable from a friend account though.

Kmht
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sigh...
All of this needs to come with a certification course. When you purchase, there needs to be a 5 hour training course And/or therapy/counseling sessions.

I've tried to put a USB behind the hub to see if it would do anything...that was sometime last year. According to photos on Google I have what looks like a 4000.
Thanks for your help
Dannybear
Master
Master
I am of the option that arlo should have a big warning label on the box about the subscription requirements.

Regards the base being a vmb4000, this will only backup recordings made to the cloud, the USB stick needs to be ejected from the Base station and viewed on a pc. (Manual live recordings are only available on the arlo cloud library, not the backup USB)
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kmht wrote:
. I'm looking all over the receipts and do not see a 16digit code. The numbers are either 17 or 12. None work.

Circling back to this - there is no need to locate a code.  Any trial is expired at this point (and a code isn't needed or the trial anyway).  You could just subscribe using the subscription area of my.arlo.com (pc browser).  If you see a place for a code, just leave it blank.  This assumes you are in a country where Arlo offers subscriptions.  There is a list here:

You can also confirm the base station model by looking for a label on it that starts with VMB (likely will confirm VMB4000 in your case).  The camera model can be confirmed by opening the housing and removing the battery, and looking for a label that starts with VMC.  If you have an Ultra (the label inside will say Ultra), you would need an Secure Plus subscription to get 4K recordings.  If you just get Arlo Secure, you'll get 2K recordings.