Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to complete the install of my Essentials wireless doorbell.  I've found these steps from a Google search...

Screenshot 2024-02-14 165324 Arlo Device Settings.jpg

I've found 'Settings' after clicking the small head & shoulders icon at top left of the home screen, but on the next screen (my account profile and security) there's no obvious trace 'Device Settings' or 'My Device' etc...  Am I barking up the wrong tree?   My doorbell has got the latest firmware, downloaded today during installation, and the Arlo Secure App on the phone is V 4.11.2_28633, release date 23rd Jan 2024

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you see "Library" as a menu option in the app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

He has the new UI as evidenced by the "small head & shoulders icon" at the top left.

In there click on Home and then Devices. It's ok to look through the whole interface although that's not really what you need at the moment. 

Assuming you're looking at the actual FAQ and not just some text from your search, note the link at the top that points you to the correct FAQ for the user interface (UI) you're using. I'll post the link here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062875/How-do-I-install-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wire-Free-Arlo-Secur...

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

'Home' --> 'Devices' just takes me to the live view through the camera lens.  If I select the head & shoulders icon on the home screen, this takes me to.....

Screenshot_20240216_163358_com.arlo.app (002).jpg

No mention of Devices.  However, I select 'Home' and get this:

Screenshot_20240216_164538_com.arlo.app (002).jpg

I select Devices and then 'Arlo Doorbell' and voila!   Bit of a scenic route to get there. 

Going off-piste a bit, I'm new to Arlo so will probably have further dumb questions.  One I can think of immediately is that if I want to include a picture in a post, I can only see it if I hit the Preview button - is this correct?  And how can I resize it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@splinternet wrote:

'Home' --> 'Devices' just takes me to the live view through the camera lens. 

That's not all.  Touch one of the cameras and you'll find a settings wheel in the top right.

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

@splinternet wrote:

That's not all.  Touch one of the cameras and you'll find a settings wheel in the top right.

"Cameras" ??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@splinternet wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@splinternet wrote:

"Cameras" ??

Home->devices presents a list of the cameras (and doorbell), showing an image of each camera.

When you touch one of the cameras or doorbells in a spot that is not over the play control, then a new screen opens that includes the image, and the feed for that camera/doorbell.  It also has a settings wheel in the upper right of the screen.  Select that, and you'll see the camera settings.

If you touch another class of device (a hub for example), then you will go directly to the settings for that device.

Alternatively, you can touch the three dots in the upper right of the devices screen.  You will then see settings wheels for every device.