Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Routine idea to activate other cameras if motion is detected in one camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thomaslje
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. It would be really nice if you could have it so like almost all your cameras are in standby and then only one camera is armed, then have a routine so when motion is detected in the one camera it then activates the other cameras.

The reason for this is that I would like to set up some more Essential cameras in my apartment but don't want it to record all the time that I walk into a room.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Thomaslje wrote:

Hello. It would be really nice if you could have it so like almost all your cameras are in standby and then only one camera is armed, then have a routine so when motion is detected in the one camera it then activates the other cameras.

This is called cross triggering, and you can do it now.  Just to into the mode(s) are you using, and edit the rule for the camera you want to use to detect the motion.  Add the other cameras in the recording section.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thomaslje wrote:

This is called cross triggering, and you can do it now.  Just to into the mode(s) are you using, and edit the rule for the camera you want to use to detect the motion.  Add the other cameras in the recording section.