Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ive had arlo since 2015 and lost my free 7 days storage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Bretlee986
Follower
Follower

Hello Arlo Support

I had Arlo since 2015 and been upgrading since then. I lost my Free 7 days store with Arlo. Now I am.getting charge for. Please help me retrieve my old 7 days free store subscription for life time. Upgrading device should not change my store with Arlo. It is completely rip off to start charging now.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bretlee986 wrote:

I had Arlo since 2015 and been upgrading since then. I lost my Free 7 days store with Arlo. Now I am.getting charge for. Please help me retrieve my old 7 days free store subscription for life time. Upgrading device should not change my store with Arlo. 

7-day free storage was a feature of the old legacy cameras that you purchased in 2015.  Arlo stopped offering that feature on new camera models about 5 years ago (starting with the Ultra).  All of the current cameras require a paid subscription.

So you cannot get your 7-day cloud storage back on the new camera.  What you could do is reinstall your old cameras, as they will still work, and will still have the 7-day cloud storage (as long as you have 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras in the account).

Keith13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought new Arlo cameras because I liked my old ones.  Once I set up the new cameras - I lost ALL MY FEATURES.  They really make me wish I went with a different brand.  How stupid to DE-incentivize brand loyalty and sticking with their system. 
I bought cameras for a second home and now lost all features of old system that was working 

Further  -  I can’t differentiate the two completely different locations , so an alarm for instance would go off in a location where nothing is happening.

whoever made this decision is stupid.  I’m going to go with another brand now - just so I can manage two different homes.   I’ll be returning the brand new cameras I just bought.  I certainly hope all my old features are restored.

in short - Arlo PUNISHES YOU for buying more cameras and sticking with their system.  Get f’d!  Bad blood I’m so disappointed 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is some information on locations. You can name the separate locations so that you know which one is which. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

https://kb.arlo.com/000062826/How-do-I-add-edit-or-delete-a-Location-in-Arlo-Secure-App-4-0

Hart063
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here

Joyellen
Aspirant
Aspirant

When we no longer could get free storage with our Arlo cameras we bought Eufy Solar cameras.  There is no fee and we never have to worry about charging the cameras.  They are far superior to Arlo.