Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KahunaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4540 R2 hub, and two H9 cameras.  The hub and the cameras and my mobile device are all connected to the same Wi-Fi. But when I go to set up HomeKit under the hub option, it does not discover anything. I’m dead in the water and can’t create a HomeKit that my appletv will recognize.  

6 REPLIES 6
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

KahunaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked like a dream. Thanks for the support! 
Any idea why the stream stops as displayed through the appletv?  I would like to have the stream run full time from my driveway camera in the right corner of the screen.  But do some reason it disconnects after a few minutes.   I don’t see it doing that though your mobile app or the HomeKit app.   Just the image on the tv being fed from the apple tv.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It may be a security feature. Have you had this set up previously and that was a feature that worked?

KahunaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes but didn't use it long enough to notice it back then.   You folks sent me a code to refresh the hub - which worked.  

I'd like to have the ability to have continued streaming of a camera via my appletv feed to my TV.   Just curious if there was something on the arlo side that blocked this?  I don't see one.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This article will explain the live streaming and why it stops:

https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/support/faq/000062226/Why-has-the-Arlo-app-stopped-live-streaming

KahunaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I’m good here.