Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Factor Authentication (2 Factor Authentication, 2FA) stopped working with new app update (iOS)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gjc26
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since updating a couple of days ago to the new Arlo app on iOS, Two Factor Authentication using my device won’t work. I’ve tried removing and re-adding my device but that didn’t help. The other method(s) still work so I’m not locked out, but it’s inconvenient and should work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gjc26
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. It was the authenticator in the app that wasn’t working; the other method(s) worked. I use the past tense as this now seems to have resolved itself; not sure if it was just a glitch or if the removing and re-adding helped at all. Thanks for responding so quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gjc26 wrote:
Since updating a couple of days ago to the new Arlo app on iOS, Two Factor Authentication using my device won’t work. I’ve tried removing and re-adding my device but that didn’t help. The other method(s) still work so I’m not locked out, but it’s inconvenient and should work.

Are you saying that you need to use a different method on the phone? Or that you need to use a different method with other devices (like browsers)?

FWIW, I am running the 3.6 app on my iPhone 12 mini (iOS 15.3.1).  Web push authentication from my PC browser is working as it did before.

gjc26
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. It was the authenticator in the app that wasn’t working; the other method(s) worked. I use the past tense as this now seems to have resolved itself; not sure if it was just a glitch or if the removing and re-adding helped at all. Thanks for responding so quickly.