Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
madar1a
Guide
Guide

Since before the Thanksgiving I've started seeing sales advertisements in the app every single day. It takes the whole screen and clicking on [No thanks] to close it doesn't always work. I have to restart the app to get rid of the ad. But it returns the next time I open the app. It returns even if closing with [No thanks] was successful. It's very annoying. I already pay for the subscription and have no need to buy new devices. Please fix this as it's making it very annoying to use the app. When I receive an alert I need to see it quickly and not be greeted by your sales ad.

Today I've been shown the Cyber Monday sale ad several times. I've opened the app just now and was able to take a screenshot of it. Can you please make it at least remember that I'm not interested in the sale (I am choosing [No thanks] after all) and stop showing me the same ad every time I open the app?

IMG_2963.PNG

I'm using iOS 16.1.1. 

Arlo version 3.8 (3443).

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @madar1a

Thanks for letting me know, can you Tye removing and reinstalling the Arlo app and if that does not help, I will escalate this for you ASAP. 

madar1a
Guide
Guide

I reinstalled it and it keeps happening. Same issue on my spouse's phone with his (separate) account. I've seen the add today twice, the first time it froze the app and I had to force close it. Second time it closed after tapping on [No thanks]. Very annoying.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me have this looked in to for you now. I will provide an update as soon as I hear more.

I'll also escalate this to the support team while my team investigates.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43244919