Cant set up Mode to differentiate between animals and people for notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bfxn
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is built of Arlo Pro 4's, and several older Arlo Pro's. I have a hub from the older Arlo Pro's but it is currently disabled.  When I purchased my Pro 4's I was given a month of Arlo Secure. Using it I was able to differentiate between animals and people for my notifications (important feature as I live on a farm).  When editing Modes in my new subscription (Arlo Secure) I have lost that ability (and Im now receiving notifications every time a chicken runs past an active zone.  

Am I missing something or do I need to upgrade to a different plan in order to get specific notifications?  Also, it seemed like I had the option to have notifications sent to my cell phone before rather than my email. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bfxn wrote:

When editing Modes in my new subscription (Arlo Secure) I have lost that ability (and Im now receiving notifications every time a chicken runs past an active zone.  

Smart notifications aren't configured in the modes (and never were).  The classification is done in the Arlo cloud afterwards (processing the motion video in the cloud).

So go into settings, then smart notifications in the app (or my.arlo.com)  Select the camera, and you can disable any classifications you want.

Note you still will get recordings, just not notifications. 

bfxn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im going to try a work around. I need to monitor my home 24/7 for People. My chicken coup I only need to monitor at night. I'll see if I can create two different modes - "Night" and "Day". At night the Chicken Coop cameras are armed ( and set to notify me of any movement. Movement in the Chicken yard = Predator ). In the Day mode I disarm the Chicken Coup cameras. My house cameras I leave active during both Day and Night.