Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

New Arlo Upgrade is TERRIBLE. Ruined Arlo for me. How can I revert to the old UI

Discussion stats
brianbish
Star
Star

Hope you're all doing well. I've been an Arlo user for a while now, with 7 cameras and the new 2k doorbell in my setup. My goal was to streamline everything under Arlo, given how much I trust the brand. But after this recent software update, I've run into a few challenges that are really big problems that need to be addressed

I've been around the block on the internet, and I've seen others on Reddit and even here expressing similar concerns. Here's what's been on my mind:

1. Camera Control: The previous version had a dedicated screen for arming and disarming, making it quick and user-friendly. The new UI, with its 'Arm Away,' 'Disarm,' and 'Stand By' seems good outside of realworld applications but it is not practical for having full control over the cameras; especially for individual camera control

2. Status Overview: You can not see the status of all cameras at one time, which is not just inconvenient but a safety concern.

3. Camera Access & Playback: Following Arlo's suggestion, I've toggled devices on and off. The downside? Not being able to see live video playback when it's off, and having to navigate each camera separately to turn them on/off, especially with my larger setup, it is very inefficient

There are other minor issues, but these stand out. Anyone else here facing the same? And if someone has found a way to revert to the previous version or has workarounds while Arlo possibly addresses these, please share.

Appreciate the support and looking forward to improvements!

Best answers
80 REPLIES 80
Nitrosavy
Tutor
Tutor

The fact that you dont tell people that upgrade the software they will loose major functionality, and the people that dont upgrade still keep all the old functions is hugely dishonest.

YellowRabbit
Star
Star

"The fact that you dont tell people that upgrade the software they will loose major functionality, and the people that dont upgrade still keep all the old functions is hugely dishonest."

100% agree with this. It is completely unscrupulous. I have gone from paying $150 NZD per year using two base stations at the same property, to having to pay $300 NZD. This is the only way to achieve some level of feature parity to what I had before.

I contacted support complaining about this, and all they offered me was some 6 months reprieve for my next billing cycle. But then said it would expire before my contract renewed and I would have to contact them again about it in order to use it...

I mean, what the actual f***

I used to love Arlo and now I literally hate them and can't wait to move off their platform. I hope they go bust.

simondragan
Tutor
Tutor

Right on - terrible update - don’t understand what ARLO was thinking- made it complicated- not user friendly at all - I want to go back to the old version!

I have at least 10 cameras- 

Simon 

simondragan
Tutor
Tutor

Could not agree more- terrible update- don’t understand what they are thinking- 

simondragan
Tutor
Tutor

Terrible- terrible update- not sure what ARLO was thinking- 

Ho back to the old system- please- hate to scrap 10 cameras !

Ispy23
Guide
Guide

So difficult to schedule anything now. Burning through my batteries, cause the cameras are always on. Guess I’ll just have to find someone else who has cameras that I can figure out and dump mine on eBay after having them for 8 to 10 years. Thanks Arlo you really screwed this one up.  Way to go.