Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Azurespire
Follower
Follower

Is there a way to revert this dumb update? I updated the app on my iPhone 13, and it singlehandedly RUINED my set up.  I had 3 cameras and a doorbell. once I updated to the "new" app not only did they all disappear they will not come back. I tried revoking access and inviting myself back in with no success. i have other devices on older versions of the app and they work just fine. this is ridiculous. is there a way to revert the app update and go to the older version of Arlo secure: home security app or am I just screwed from this device. I have re-sent invitation emails to my other devices and they have access but they do not pop up in the app.

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Azurespire wrote:

once I updated to the "new" app not only did they all disappear they will not come back. I tried revoking access and inviting myself back in with no success. i have other devices on older versions of the app and they work just fine.

You just identified the issue. All users have to be on the same UI to have guest accounts working. Since one is using the new UI, you need to migrate all the others, too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Azurespire,

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Compare the app interface on your accounts. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices.

Please let us know if this works.

JamesC

KajRN
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are experiencing a similar issue, my husband owns the account with the version 4.0.4 (5464) when I logged into my shared acct this weekend my app forced me to upgrade to 4.9.1 (6960)  I lost all access to 3 cameras.  We have tried deleting my app, resharing under. Different email etc… no access.    From what I understand in order for me to see anything he also needs to update his app?   
and what is an UI?   

any help is much appreciated 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, his app is VERY old and he should update. Your app doesn't cause you to lose access but if you have migrated to the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings as noted above, your husband ALSO needs to migrate which will require the latest app.

4nancy
Initiate
Initiate

I couldn’t be any more Pissed about this. What a mess!! I have 6 non working cameras and since I don’t pay you for cloud service, I’m not allowed to speak to customer service? 
I’m talking to Costco about getting rid of Arlos at this point. 
The system wasn’t broken, it was great. End of life is what will happen to your company if you don’t fix this and stop blaming US! 

4nancy
Initiate
Initiate

This is all mumble jumble to most people. Just answer your phones and help us. 
i wi he starting a class action lawsuit if you don’t. There’s plenty of documented cases of loss on line to support it. You can’t sell someone a product that stops working because you upgrade the app. We’re out over $2k because you refuse to provide customer service to address the problem.  

markoz
Tutor
Tutor

I can't believe Arlo have done it again.  A year after their major stuff up with the whole EOL fiasco, they've now created another shambles with the feed vs library interface debacle.  I previously had custom modes defined so that cameras behaved differently based on a timed schedule (e.g the camera in my garage would be alarmed during the night).

I was forced to switch to the new feed mode due to problems sharing cameras with my wife and now all my schedule config has been lost in the switch.  I've now got to try to work out how to set this all up again (or work out whether it's even possible now) with the new feed interface.

It was all intuitive with the previous interface and it sounds like they over-complicated it all.

I'm seriously considering switching to another camera brand as Arlo continuously creates headaches for their customers.

markoz
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so having done further research on how to use the Arlo app now (I had to dig around on various forums, as the Arlo documentation and Youtube videos are hopeless) , my understanding is that we are now restricted to just three modes.  i.e. the functionality to add additional customised modes has been removed.  My requirement is to have five modes which is no longer supported.

What a joke! 

After the EOL fiasco for older cameras last year, I was happy that Arlo revoked the decision and even offered newer cameras and subscriptions at a reduced price.  I thought that maybe they've started treating their customers better and even bought new Arlo cameras at the discounted price.  Now less than 12 months later, I discover that these cameras no longer provide the required functionality.

If anyone at Arlo support actually reads these forums, please could you correct me if I'm wrong with my understanding that it is not possible to add additional modes.

I purchased my latest cameras on the expectation that customised modes were supported (which seemed like a reasonable assumption as this has been the case since I first starting using Arlo cameras in 2016).

As this functionality has now been removed, the cameras no longer meet the Australian ACCC consumer right's guarantee that a product must be fit for purpose.  As such, I will be requesting a full refund

While Arlo continue to treat their customers with a complete lack of respect, I would not recommend that anyone purchases Arlo's products.

KenTKopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

NEED HELP!!!!! - Arlo’s new app undate, prevents viewing of Video recordings on base stations.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenTKopy wrote:

NEED HELP!!!!! - Arlo’s new app undate, prevents viewing of Video recordings on base stations.

You can't see them in Feed.  Go into "Devices", press the base station, and then go into "Storage Settings".  You'll see them there.

KenTKopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that over and over again, and still nothing!! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KenTKopy wrote:

I tried that over and over again, and still nothing!! 

What base station model do you have?  (Look for a VMBxxxx label on it).

Also, what model cameras do you have connected to the base?  Do you have a subscription?

KenTKopy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there any class action lawsuits, pertaining to the Arlo update that prevents you from viewing Base station camera recordings?