Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Introducing Arlo Secure - FAQ

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security and peace of mind has never been so easy. Arlo Secure is a new subscription service, allowing you to maximize home security with one plan that covers all of your security devices. Arlo Secure plans deliver smarter interactive alerts, advanced object detection, cloud activity zones and more! 

Arlo Secure Features.PNG

For total peace of mind, our new Arlo Secure Plus offering is equipped with a 24/7 Emergency Response Service. With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the cameras location.

Want to learn more about Arlo Secure? Take a look at the information and resources below:

What is Emergency Response and How do I use it?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
New Arlo Secure Plan FAQs
What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?
Where is Arlo Secure available?
How do I subscribe to Arlo Secure?
What options will I have when my Arlo free trial plan ends?
What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

If you have any questions about Arlo Secure, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Secure or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.
Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

155 REPLIES 155
gdz
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB you nailed it. I agree, if Arlo survives as a company, it will have to add custom modes.

I am actually a bit concerned that Arlo might not survive which will be an even bigger problem. I wonder what sales of alarm systems and sensors are since the whole Secure App is built around that model?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

On the rise.

Overall, yes.  4Q23 shows them as profitable for both GAAP and non-GAAP (which I think is a first).  Though 1Q24 was more mixed - a loss using GAAP, but profitable using non-GAAP.

But I don't think Arlo ever reports revenues or volumes for specific products.  So I don't know how well the home security system is doing.

halfmoon83
Tutor
Tutor

This must be the worst change that Arlo has managed to roll out.

1.  Cannot disarm individual cameras

2. Cannot see which cameras are armed and which are not

3. The system only offers three conditions. If you want the option of 4, for instance two whilst you are "at home" the system does not allow it

4. The widgets are supposed to allow you to arm or disarm cameras. All they do is add the camera to the dashboard

5. When you read the prompts (as to what the different options are) the sentences are missing words so there the descriptions are not clear.

6. There is no clarity on the soft ware and it is very difficult to set up

Arlo is supposed to provide a service to customers to provide home security. This new APP fails in this regard.

How can I return my cameras and get my money back? I want to go to another supplier

halfmoon83
Tutor
Tutor

You must be kidding us. This new app has a very bad interface, offers less features, gives no information and has diminished our home security

BIN IT!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Any camera without a rule in the active mode is Disarmed. If a camera rule exists in that mode, toggling motion detection to Off disarms it. Most cameras have a Device On/Off toggle in the camera settings (doorbells do not, at least on those connected to a base or hub).

2) Those are listed in the modes and rules. The displays in Dashboard and Devices show a "ball with 3 lines" icon that is gray when the camera is Disarmed, identical to what was used in the previous UI.

3) True.

4) The widgets do not support direct arm/disarm and never have. You click on the particular camera widget and then the gear icon at the top to go to camera settings for this.

5) Links to examples would be useful.

6) Your mileage may vary.