Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Secure - FAQ

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security and peace of mind has never been so easy. Arlo Secure is a new subscription service, allowing you to maximize home security with one plan that covers all of your security devices. Arlo Secure plans deliver smarter interactive alerts, advanced object detection, cloud activity zones and more! 

Arlo Secure Features.PNG

For total peace of mind, our new Arlo Secure Plus offering is equipped with a 24/7 Emergency Response Service. With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the cameras location.

Want to learn more about Arlo Secure? Take a look at the information and resources below:

What is Emergency Response and How do I use it?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
New Arlo Secure Plan FAQs
What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?
Where is Arlo Secure available?
How do I subscribe to Arlo Secure?
What options will I have when my Arlo free trial plan ends?
What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

If you have any questions about Arlo Secure, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Secure or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.
Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

135 REPLIES 135
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the web UI, click on Settings at the bottom of the list on the left side. In there, click on Privacy Center and then Account, followed by selecting Available Geofence Devices.

alibaba47
Aspirant
Aspirant

After login, I get a half page, which I cannot get rid of.  This blocks out half the page, so I cannot see everything on the page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alibaba47,

If you clear your browser cache and try again, do you still see the same behavior? Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're describing?

JamesC

alibaba47
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I login, I get a page which is blank for the top third and the line just about "Secure and Home" is a third of the way down the page which does not allow me to see all my cameras.  I am sending a pic of the page in this position.  This happens almost all the time.

Also, I have 2 cameras that will not connect to the old drive (not wifi).  Also have a new camera which I cannot connect to the wifi because it will not charge at all.  I tried sending a jpeg and a gif, none would go through.  Normally the top space is only about 1 inch, but it is 3 or 4 inches when this happens.
JD1000000
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo secure subscription. I agreed to it with "unlimited cameras". In the new portal, you can designate locations. Once I separated cameras into multiple locations, I now need to buy a new subscription to get the exact same features I had when they were all in a single portal window for the new location. This feels disingenuous, misleading, and wrong. I am paying for UNLIMITED CAMERAS as part of the subscription. Nowhere does it say, unlimited cameras for a single location. So now if I want to stay in the Arlo ecosystem, I need to buy new subscriptions for each place I want to use your product? This seems wildly unfair, and not true to what is advertised.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Actually it does say it here:

Note: Unlimited camera support plans apply only to Arlo cameras at a single residential location and on the same Arlo account.

But it's not listed on https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html and personally I think it should be.

FWIW, I personally think the basic subscription should include 2 locations, to accomodate people with vacation homes.

@JD1000000 wrote:

I now need to buy a new subscription to get the exact same features I had when they were all in a single portal window for the new location. 

Are the cameras actually at different addresses?  Or did you set up multiple locations to get more modes?

JD1000000
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras are now at 2 separate addresses. But even as such, until the new portal, all cameras from both locations were under a single "unlimited" plan on a single account. Kinda bait and switchy. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JD1000000 wrote:

The cameras are now at 2 separate addresses. But even as such, until the new portal, all cameras from both locations were under a single "unlimited" plan on a single account. Kinda bait and switchy. 

I do get it.

FWIW, the "single location" was always in the subscription terms, but was never enforced in the app.

Of course with unlimited cameras at unlimited locations, several people could share one subscription plan.  Which wouldn't be fair to Arlo.  But as I said above, I think including two locations is a reasonable middle ground.

ARAxe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I signed up when I bought new cameras, but the promised free trial never happened. I was charged from day one. One of my cameras now taunts me with the message that the free trial is soon to end! Anyone else had this problem? Arlo provide no address for complaints about accounts ...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ARAxe wrote:

I signed up when I bought new cameras, but the promised free trial never happened. I was charged from day one. One of my cameras now taunts me with the message that the free trial is soon to end! Anyone else had this problem? Arlo provide no address for complaints about accounts ...

FWIW, It sounds like you did get the trial.  It was a mistake to purchase the paid subscription when you installed the cameras.  The paid subscription isn't actually used during the trial, but they will bill you for it.   The cameras automatically shift to the paid account when the trial expires.  The right approach is to purchase the subscription right before the trial ends. 

You can access paid phone support through the app, and ask for refund.  No idea how they will respond though.

It would be good if Arlo added a note to the subscription page explaining this.

ARAxe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I think that is correct. My mistake.