Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Secure - FAQ

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security and peace of mind has never been so easy. Arlo Secure is a new subscription service, allowing you to maximize home security with one plan that covers all of your security devices. Arlo Secure plans deliver smarter interactive alerts, advanced object detection, cloud activity zones and more! 

Arlo Secure Features.PNG

For total peace of mind, our new Arlo Secure Plus offering is equipped with a 24/7 Emergency Response Service. With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the cameras location.

Want to learn more about Arlo Secure? Take a look at the information and resources below:

What is Emergency Response and How do I use it?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
New Arlo Secure Plan FAQs
What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?
Where is Arlo Secure available?
How do I subscribe to Arlo Secure?
What options will I have when my Arlo free trial plan ends?
What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

If you have any questions about Arlo Secure, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Secure or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.
Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

135 REPLIES 135
wray214
Initiate
Initiate

That isn't working, only the monogram is scrolling.

jwood1
Star
Star

I currently have the Arlo  Smart Premier plan at 12.99/mo.  It appears that I can "upgrade" to the Arlo Secure Plan for the same price, and that will give me unlimited cameras. The question is whether I can use multiple cameras in different locations.  There are two different answers depending on where you look.  On the main web site describing the plans, they say you can use different locations, and this article also indicates that.

jwood1_1-1687726207081.png

However, when I go to upgrade in my account to the Secure plan, it says it only supports cameras in a single geographic location.

Which is it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwood1 wrote:

However, when I go to upgrade in my account to the Secure plan, it says it only supports cameras in a single geographic location.

Which is it?

The terms of service say that the multicamera license only applies to a single location.

However, this is a moving train.  Arlo is rolling out a new user interface, and the screenshot you posted refers to that new interface.  It has options for "feed" and "dashboard" at the bottom of the app screen.  The older interface has "Library".

The old interface doesn't have configured locations, so in practice the multicamera license works ok when the cameras are in different places - even though it technically is a violation of the terms of service.  But the new interfce does have configured locations, and if you set up the cameras to be in different locations then you will need one subscription per location.  

Arlo will migrate everyone to the new interface at some point (they haven't said when).

@jwood1 wrote:

I currently have the Arlo  Smart Premier plan ...  

They've also said that they will migrate Premier customers to Secure at some point.

jwood1
Star
Star

If it is a violation of the Terms of Service, why do you advertise it as being an important feature on your website?  Seems like pretty deceptive advertising to me.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwood1 wrote:

If it is a violation of the Terms of Service, why do you advertise it as being an important feature on your website?  Seems like pretty deceptive advertising to me.

I don't work for Arlo, so nothing to do with me.

But the website information is fine.  It says nothing about needing multiple subscriptions, just that you can set up multiple locations in the app.  Which you can.  

jwood1
Star
Star

Sorry, I thought you were an Arlo rep. 

So, from your perspective, it seems like you are agreeing with me that I can use multiple cameras in different locations with one account?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you have the old UI that uses Library to view videos you can have all cameras in multiple locations be in the same subscription. As soon as you migrate to the new UI that uses Feed for videos, each location will require a separate sub. As to when that may happen we don't know, just that it will happen at some point.

jwood1
Star
Star

I hate to keep harping on this, but what you say does not jive with the official Arlo document from the document library.  I posted a screen shot of a portion of the document above.  Here is the whole document:

jwood1_0-1688136201459.png

1. The document clearly says you can set up as many locations as you want on a single account.

2. The document refers to selecting the location using the "location switcher" in the "Secure App" and you can group devices into different locations. These options are not available in the old UI.  I presume it is referring to the "new UI that uses Feed for videos".  An example of this is also shown on the main Arlo web site:

jwood1_1-1688136773750.png

So, what am I missing?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's missing is the statement that multiple locations require separate subscriptions. See the last section in this doc:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

Peegh
Initiate
Initiate

I currently have an arlo system with 4 pro 2 cameras. Everything worked great until what I'm guessing is my subscription expired.  Now I need an SD card and I've lost live view and camera positioning capability.  I don't mind subscribing but don't want to have to buy a new system to do so.  Can I use what I have, and will I get those functions back when I do?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peegh wrote:

Now I need an SD card

Only if you have a VMB5000 base.  The other smarthubs use USB.

@Peegh wrote:

I currently have an arlo system with 4 pro 2 cameras. Everything worked great until what I'm guessing is my subscription expired.  

I've some other reports on this with Pro 2 systems here.  You shouldn't be seeing this.  Livestreaming doesn't require a subscription with any Arlo camera, and the Pro 2 continues to have the 7-day free cloud storage.  Also, its EOL data is still a long way off.

So this is a system issue on Arlo's end.  I suggest waiting (and monitoring the forum for news).

Ravenator
Initiate
Initiate

Was like pulling teeth, to figure out if the Arlo Secure Single Camera rate would be different from the current rate.  Does not appear it will increase.  Hope this is the case.  Arlo, please make it easier in the future to know if there is a rate increase or if the rate will stay the same.  Cryptic e-mail's and investigating thru your website is NOT good customer service.  Thanks for your time. 

athorson1
Aspirant
Aspirant

the new alarm update problems or dislikes about it. first off the alarm button on the apple is in the top right corner of screen when you get alarm alerts it gets covered up so you can not push the button to activate. second is the new alarm screen covers the complete phone screen now blocking the view of the camera so when you activate you have to minimus the screen after alarm has been activated. now it appears that you can only activate one camera at a time.another problem is would like to be able to arm and disarm each camera not all at once.

glwiltse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had these cameras for months and they are only good for live viewing because Arlos documentations is so poor.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

glwiltse,

Is there a specific issue you're experiencing? What documentation are you referring to?

JamesC

Daniel_aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using Arlo for years - some ups and downs with reliability but generally works well.

But this new update is terrible!! The automations seem to offer more functionality but it’s sooo difficult to find the settings to organise it how it was before and still having troubles with the way automations work for schedules and geofencing! 

It’s that frustrating we’re considering changing to another system - it was really simple beforehand. You’ve added features but made it way too complicated to setup! Please change it back.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daniel_aus,

We understand adapting to new changes can be frustrating and there will be a learning curve to get used to the new interface.

I recommend reading through the knowledge base articles that cover this topic and then spend some time within your system settings until you achieve the desired results.

See here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system

JamesC

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

When will we be forced into this steaming...update? I'm cancelling my service at that time. I'll try to use it stand-alone. If I have that, I'll sell it.

"Learning curve"? Post an FAQ right away that gives me explicit instructions on replacing my 8 modes in the new world. If it's acceptable, I'll change my comments.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It definitely would have been helpful to have a migration assistant.  I’m getting the hang of the new mode/rule/schedule/actions model, but it is a lot of work for those of us who have been around since…say 2015…and have a lot of cameras and make use of the excellent flexibility of the original device behavior management system.

One thing that has always escaped my grasp is how to prune my mobile device list so my obsolete phones and tablets no longer show up in the geofencing list for specific devices.  And some of the names don’t match the names I use for my devices.  They just say iPhone or iPad…which is woefully inadequate for someone like me with way too many of these devices.  I have 23 devices on that list now!  I need two and should only see about 10, worse case.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 ways to prune old devices from the geofencing list:

1) When editing a GF automation, click on the section where you've made a selection for what people to be included and then Edit. You can delete any device there. 

2) Go to Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Available Geofence Devices and delete as needed.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Thank you.  I found it.  On the iPadOS device it was Settings > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofencing Devices…as you said.

I can edit the current device name, but can’t delete other devices.  I can click on the minis sign and I get prompted to confirm, but confirming the deletion does nothing other than close the confirmation pop up box.

i can’t see anyway to do it under the GF Automation.  There is no apparent way to edit the specific people list.  I can select and deselect, but I can’t delete anything.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Oddly the old UI shows the name of the owner of the mobile device available for geofencing, but the new UI just describes the device and neither reflects the names I’ve given to the devices…except for old devices I no longer use.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the web client (my.arlo.com) to see if that works?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I did try it and I could not find any functionality pertaining to this on that web UI.  The top level shows the Arlo Secure and Arlo Safe subscription choices and has a drop down menu in the upper right corner.  That drop down menu shows options for Account Profile & Security, Arlo Safe, Arlo Secure, Redeem Service Code, Buy Add-ons and Accessories , & Logout.  The drop down for Account Profile & Security shows EditProfile, Change Email, Change Password, Two-Step Verification and Assistant PIN.  Edit Profile just shows my photo (or not), name & address and opt-in/out of Arlo email.

That’s all that I see available on the My.Arlo.com web UI.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also, when I login to My.Arlo using my account credentials for my 2nd account that I use for other cameras on another mobile device that has not yet been converted to the new mobile UI, I see a different drop down menu that includes the old View Cameras option, but when I choose that option, it prompts me to login again and g in with those same credentials still doesn’t allow me to see cameras from the Web UI.