Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I get a refund for Arlo Secure not working as advertised?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Arlo is not able to keep Arlo Secure operating as advertised. 

I paid the full yearly subscription fee for the ability to use the Arlo equipment I purchased (eight cameras, a base station, camera mounts, etc etc) and now I can no longer login to the Arlo webpage from any of  my desktop and/or laptop PCs to use "live-view".

Arlo's support team just acknowledged they have a problem and "at some point in the future" they'll get around to fixing it with an update.

The support team has not provided a fix date nor had the professionalism and courtesy to reply with any kind of a substantive update.

This is not what I paid for. Arlo has taken money and the system does not work as they said it would before I paid for it.  Bait & Switch?  Laws against that I believe.  

Not providing updates on when this problem will be resolved is not acceptable, legally or otherwise.

How do I get a refund for the time down I can't use what was advertised to me I could if I gave Arlo my money and paid for it?   

Thanks for any help provided.

ZapperOne,

2023-09-28

9:47am PDT

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have sent this information to our team, an agent will be contacting as soon as possible. 

ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi BrookeN,

Thank you for the help.

Yesterday, Arlo tech support explained to me that "they don't know when they'll have an update that fixes the problem". They just keep saying "soon". 

We also came to an agreement about a refund.

The Arlo system of support is kinda weird, and time wasting for the paying customer.  Over the last week, I would literally on some days get an email from five different support people, each one of them asking different questions.  This went on for several days, at all hours of the day & night.  As if a person has time to stop everything and address the next question, from someone different who has no idea about the case history, and sometimes even though I just answered their specific question in one of my previous emails. 

Finally I told them enough,  and said assign one person to correspond with me instead of wasting my time and Arlo's by having five different people email me with different questions in a day without reading the case history an/or being clueless to what's going on.

Then, someone asked for the HAR log files from one of my browsers, and explained the case is being "escalated", yet in a few more hours, another person would email not knowing that the tech support dept just recieved my HAR files. and they were  clueless to the case history, or that the case was escalated to the "next level", whatever that means.

Clearly a screwed up tech support department...  I can't believe it.  People are paying good money and this is what they get?

And for me, after a week, still no fix, everyone keeps repeating "someday soon". like a bunch of mindless lemmings.  They make Arlo look really bad.

Do you have any insight as to why they choose to run their tech support department so poorly? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I appreciate your feedback on the service you provided. Having a bad experience with support is not something we want to happen. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, it will be looked into.