Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Home Security Monitoring - Insurance Certificate

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

Does Home Secure with professional monitoring allow/meet the needs of insurance companies (and therefore allow you to qualify for the insurance discounts)?

Thanks

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello,

The following conditions must be met to access the certificate.

• Customer must have Arlo Home Security System onboarded at location
    • Must have a monitoring entitled plan at that location (eg. Safe and Secure Pro plan). Free trial is not applicable, needs to be a paid plan
    • Must have ER setup done

Steps to access certificate
    1. Login to https://my.arlo.com/#/home Web client (not supported in mobile clients)
    2. Click on the top left home icon area to display dropdown options
    3. Click on “My Arlo Account”
    4. Click on “Download” to download certificate in pdf format (look for Monitoring Certificate section under the eligible location (s) with plan)

Note: that Arlo is neither responsible nor guarantees any discount, that is purely between the customer and their provider.

30 REPLIES 30
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

BartHammond
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can locate my Monitoring Certificate ... however, when I view mine it is checked for:  Freeze, Video Verification, Burglary/Trespass ... and NOT for Smoke Alarm Detection, Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detection which my insurance company requires.

I do have separate Smoke Alarms and Cardon Dioxide Alarms.  How do I get my monitoring certificate to check those circles/boxes?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BartHammond Great question, To enable the Smoke/Co feature please use your app to navigate to Devices > Select the Security Hub > Settings Cog in the top right > Select Smoke/Co Alarm > Enable Detection > Follow the prompts and make sure to save any progress if asked. try logging out and back in via the  web portal and review the certificate again. Hope that helps.

BartHammond
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect, it worked.  Thanks for the help

J10B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. I have the 24/7 monitoring and setup the Er and nothing no cert 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@J10B 

The certificate is available when a Home security system is installed and subscribed to the Safe and Secure Pro plan.