Professional Monitoring - Smoke Alarm

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

With professional monitoring, what happens when a smoke alarm is triggered and they can't verify through a camera feed?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Motogopher,

The agent will attempt to contact you to determine whether or not the appropriate emergency response authorities should be dispatched. If you are not able to be contacted, they will automatically be sent to investigate.

For more information about Professional Monitoring, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062864/What-is-Arlo-Professional-Monitoring

JamesC

Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

So with video monitoring, they can say it's a definite fire. Without, they'll send as a "probably on fire".

Craigb2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed Service.  I'm trying to understand what will happen if smoke alarms go off when I'm not home.
I assume I'll get notified in the app.
However, when would Fire Department be automatically notified?  Is there a set time delay where the service waits for me to take action first?

If the Fire Dept is actually notified, how does that work?  Does a live person from Arlo call on my behalf? 
And will I be notified on the app that the Fire Dept has been contacted and is responding?

How does the 'mode' (Arm Away, Home, Standby) impact any of the above?
I'm asking, because I'm worried what will happen if my kids set-off smoke detectors   when I'm not home (e.g., Cooking), and potentially not close to my phone app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Craigb2,

As mentioned above, an agent will attempt to contact you first, if you're unable to be reached, appropriate response teams will be dispatched to your address. You can read more about professional monitoring here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062864/What-is-Arlo-Professional-Monitoring

JamesC

Craigb2
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is approximate time before emergency services are called?
Trying to make sure my kids know what to do if Mom and Dad aren't home.

Will emergency responders be called within 'seconds' or 'minutes', if they are home and inadvertently trigger alerts?  Trying to understand what could happen if my wife and I aren't staring at our phones when we're not home, but a trigger is set off.