Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Home Security Monitoring - Insurance Certificate

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

Does Home Secure with professional monitoring allow/meet the needs of insurance companies (and therefore allow you to qualify for the insurance discounts)?

Thanks

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello,

The following conditions must be met to access the certificate.

• Customer must have Arlo Home Security System onboarded at location
    • Must have a monitoring entitled plan at that location (eg. Safe and Secure Pro plan). Free trial is not applicable, needs to be a paid plan
    • Must have ER setup done

Steps to access certificate
    1. Login to https://my.arlo.com/#/home Web client (not supported in mobile clients)
    2. Click on the top left home icon area to display dropdown options
    3. Click on “My Arlo Account”
    4. Click on “Download” to download certificate in pdf format (look for Monitoring Certificate section under the eligible location (s) with plan)

Note: that Arlo is neither responsible nor guarantees any discount, that is purely between the customer and their provider.

30 REPLIES 30
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AntBW

There should be a monitoring certificate for download at My.Arlo.com under your My Arlo Account tab in the top left. It looks like a Home icon. 

You will have to talk with your insurance provider to see if they accept this for any potential discounts through them. 

davidfrappier24
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, have you managed to download the certificate? It doesn't show on my account. Thanks

rmonio
Tutor
Tutor

I checked as well and it is not there.  I subscribe to the monthly Arlo Secure monitoring service, etc., and do not have the certificate.  Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks!

-Bob

AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot find the certificate either. 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @AntBW

There should be a monitoring certificate for download at My.Arlo.com under your My Arlo Account tab in the top left. It looks like a Home icon.

@ShayneS I don't find any such certificate in either the web client or the Android app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

The following conditions must be met to access the certificate.

• Customer must have Arlo Home Security System onboarded at location
  • Must have a monitoring entitled plan at that location (eg. Safe and Secure Pro plan). Free trial is not applicable, needs to be a paid plan
  • Must have ER setup done

Steps to access certificate
1. Login to https://my.arlo.com/#/home Web client (not supported in mobile clients)
2. Click on the top left home icon area to display dropdown options
3. Click on “My Arlo Account”
4. Click on “Download” to download certificate in pdf format (look for Monitoring Certificate section under the eligible location (s) with plan)

Note: that Arlo is neither responsible nor guarantees any discount, that is purely between the customer and their provider.

AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne

There is no drop down on the top left, only way you get a drop down is by clicking on "settings" on the right - see attached / below.  Then under "settings" there is no "My Arlo Account" or anything to download. Please advise. Thanks 

AntBW_0-1672876872383.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AntBW

Do you have a security hub installed? I don't see one associated with your account at the moment. 

AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

No (and I'm sure that could be the issue), but wanted to be sure I could get a certificate before I install the system (vs having to having to uninstall if I end up returning it). 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AntBW

You should be able to see it with the provided instructions, but you will need the system installed for access. The team is also working on the certificate design as well, so that may change. 

AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, will see in installing the hub make a difference, but I still don't see the My Arlo Account etc as instructed. Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AntBW

When you install the security hub you will be migrated to the new App/Web experience and the options will be present. 

MG_
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are maybe posts attached to this thread regarding not finding the certificate online. I’d like to offer my recent findings:

if you just purchased your system, and are within the trial period or return window, you will not be able to download the certificate.

The certificate is available on the web version only under your account. Not on your phone app.

After several weeks of frustrating exchanges with Arlo customer service, I am glad to report that the certificate is available under these conditions and accepted by insurance.

Arlo Home Security System #certificate

AntBW
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, great to know accepted by insurance.

SpringTime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed a system yesterday and waived the trial option. However, the download option for the certificate was not added. Called Arlo support and most of them know nothing about the insurance certificate. Not sure if there is someone from Arlo monitoring this thread

SpringTime
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to download the certificate ones I completed the ER (=Emergency Response) information

hancel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need certification for statefarm

vsotomay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

I purchased the Safe and Secure Pro plan and I declined the trial period and started the plane. 

I need something for my insurance company - I don't see where I can download the certificate - Can I get something asap give them?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@vsotomay 

Once you click on home in the top left corner on the web portal via a PC, you will need to select Arlo Secure > Then the first box will have Monitoring certificate at the bottom > Download/View

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, I am on the Safe and Secure plan. I have ER set up, and I am not on any trial period. So, when I select the download option from the Arlo Secure Subscription page on the web, nothing happens. So, what do I do?

Thanks

P.S. When I select the View option, my certificate is displayed and there is a download option at the bottom. Pressing it gets me the exact same response when I press download instead of view.

P.S.S. May I suggest that that instead of nothing happening when some criteria is not met, that the response should tell us which criteria has not been met.

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have still not been able to download my monitoring certificate even though I believe that I have met all the criteria. Apparently I haven’t and I don’t know what criteria I am missing.

Regardless, instead of using the Download option, I used the View option, which did display the certificate. Then I used the old copy and paste technique to put the certificate in a page document (same as a word document). From there I was able to print the certificate.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rtbartz 

Can you try clearing your cache and/or another browser? 

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried it on both the Safari and Brave browsers. Same result. On the Brave browser I found where I could clear the cache and did so. Then tried again to download the certificate, but I got the same result. Still trying to find where I can clear the cache on the Safari browser. 

rtbartz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey Shayne, I tried this on a Google Chrome browser and it worked. Go figure.