Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

256 REPLIES 256
j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

I might not describe the issue well. It is the same problems as many others in t his tread;  I have several devices in my "TRUSTED DEVICES" but when I go to "Automations" to Arrive/Leave settings, it shows only 2 of 4 of the trusted devices. I have tried everything including deleted all users app, profiles and restored all users and the entire system. Then the thrusted devices are available a couple of days until the disappear in the automations. I am more than interested in help You investigate why many people have this problem. 

Jasonnsac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_0001.PNGI am having the same problem with geofencing.  I just got a new iPhone.  geofencing wasn't working.  tried deleting app and reinstalling multiple times.  tried deleting devices from available devices (under available Geofence devices, both on the phone and then through the web browser . and of course now no devices are available under geofencing under automations section.  Please help!

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, this issue has just occurred to me, after attempting to fix an issue with reappearing devices. Could you help please @BrookeN ???

I have logged out of the app on my phone and then logged in to my.arlo.com to verify all devices were deleted. Then I deleted the app and restarted my iPhone then reinstalled the app. When I try to add an Arrive/Leave automation I only see "Anyone Arrives", and when I tap that item, I see "No Devices" just like the OP of this thread.

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to add my wife’s phone as a geofenced device, however, after granting her access (which works fine) it lists 3 devices in the geofencing menu, none of which work or are current.   I’ve tried reinstalling the app. Creating a new profile, which is even worse as all new accounts are upgraded to the new UI. It’s obviously cached these devices within her arlo account over the years but there’s nowhere to purge/refresh this.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Available Geofence Devices and remove old phones.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am looking into all of these now. I will update soon. 

j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect, thanks 😊

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanted to mention that I have an open support ticket for my issue that was created over the weekend.

I do not want to post the ticket # in the public forum but just wanted to let you know so that no one on the Arlo side steps on other people’s toes @BrookeN  🙂

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

All your devices should be unhidden. You will need to log out of the account and log back in. 

j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect. I see they are all in place for automations. Is there anything we can do/ not do to avoid the problem re- occur?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The spot to delete the devices has since been removed. So it should not be able to be deleted now. 

j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, noted!

jaywelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN, would you look into unhiding my geofenced devices as well, please? I posted earlier and also submitted a ticket but still no resolution. I'm holding off on subscribing until this gets resolved. Thank you!

Would un-hiding the devices also resolve the issue of not being able to create "Leave" automation as well? I deleted the arrive and leave automations and now it only lets me create multiple "arrive" automations but it hides the ability to create a "leave" automation as well.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jaywelch  I did already. You should be able to log out and back in and see them.

Can you tell me how and when the devices were deleted?  

jaywelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not seeing them (not able to re-add either). I tried from the app initially but they wouldn't delete, then was able to remove them from the website... Settings → Privacy Center → Available Geofence Devices. That option is greyed out now and when I go to automations and select "Anyone Arrives" it spins and never shows a device.

I did log out and log back in, both in app and browser.

I should also note, the app has always showed available devices within Settings → Privacy → Available Geofence Devices, but when trying to select them in Automations (from the app) it does not show. The website doesn't show them at all.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing as well what was done when all the devices were lost. 

jaywelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

From iOS app: 

Settings → Privacy → Available Geofence Devices:

IMG_4194.PNGIMG_4195.PNG

Second photo: Routines → Automations → Edit Geofence → Anyone Arrives

The problem started when I geofence automations stopped working. It wouldn't auto arm/disarm so I started to troubleshoot it. I removed the geofence automations and then found a thread in here that offered some suggestions. I was seeing 3 devices listed so I tried to delete them from the app. The devices wouldn't delete from the app, so I found the same place (Privacy → Geofence devices) from the website and successfully deleted them there. I just had hoped to re-add them and then geofencing would start again, but I haven't been able to re-add any of the devices. That's when I came across this thread with users having similar issues.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jaywelch can you dm me your number please?

jaywelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Got it and responded. Thank you for your quick response. 

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck. There only one device showing there. I’ve logged out anyway but still shows 3 devices when selecting geofencing

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried to remove the old phones one both accounts?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

They may have been deleted and need refreshed. I can take a look and see and provide an update soon. 

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I’ve done that, removed the apps etc. there’s no trace of these phones

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, thanks Brooke