Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
eiwrestling
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I was recently having issues with getting an additional #ALERT notification on my flood 3 camera whenever motion was detected. To try and fix this issue I cleared the cache on the arlo app and then deleted/reinstalled it. I am now receiving two duplicate notifications for the same event whenever motion is detected for all my cameras [I have three ultra pro 2 , arlo wireless doorbell and one pro 4]. Looking through prior posts it appears to be an issue with back up softwares on phones reinstating some settings when I reinstalled the app. I have a samsung S20 Ultra and the only backup software is google one which I deleted the backup, reinstalled arlo app and still having this issue.

I also tried re installing one of the cameras but it did not work.

Here is an example below

Screenshot_20220925-221335_One UI Home.jpg

What can I do as this is really annoying and inconvenient. 

13 REPLIES 13
eiwrestling
Aspirant
Aspirant

To add clarification, the first notification comes up with the animated preview. The second is the same image but no animated preview, just a still shot with a green box around the detected object

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I have notified the team and I will provide an update as soon as possible.

Vjen12
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  Any update on a fix for this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Vjen12

Are you experiencing this on Android as well? Would you mind providing a screenshot too (Via PM if you like)?

I am still waiting for the team to get back to me. 

Vjen12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20220929-192557_One UI Home.jpg

Vjen12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same situation on all of my cameras. First notification has a still picture with a green box around what tripped the motion and second one is an animated preview which when I click on it used to bring me to a screen that shows the clip. Now it's just the camera home screen. @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, Thank you

I will bump the appropriate team now and provide an update as soon as I hear back. 

Vjen12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update? @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Vjen12

I'm still waiting for an update, would you mind sending in a diagnostic log?

Vjen12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I emailed it yesterday to the specified address. Did you not receive? @ShayneS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Vjen12

I just found it buried in my inbox, Thank you!!. I have provided the screenshot yesterday & just attached your log, I'll update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know my support team has reached out to you via email, did you happen to receive their message?

Thanks