Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JDAZ
Follower
Follower

The website states Arlo Secure for unlimited cameras is $12.99 per month for unlimited cameras at 2K. When you click to subscribe you are logged in to your account it states the price is $17.99 for the same thing? I tried to chat with an Arlo representative but was denied because I’m not a “subscriber”. I tried to call customer service but can’t because I’m not a subscriber. This is shameful Arlo. I’m trying to subscribe to your service but you don’t care about your customers. I should have gone with Wyze or Eufy.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JDAZ wrote:

The website states Arlo Secure for unlimited cameras is $12.99 per month for unlimited cameras at 2K. When you click to subscribe you are logged in to your account it states the price is $17.99 for the same thing?

FWIW, I am seeing the same prices on https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html as I see on my.arlo.com subscription page.

• $12.99 for Arlo Secure
  • $17.99 for Arlo Secure Plus
  • $24.99 for Arlo Save and Secure Pro

Prices vary by country - this is what I am seeing in the US.

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

yea, their prices are jacked up - I’ll give them another year and will switch, if they continue with this Price increase BS.

last year (2023) I paid 119.88$ for the yearly multi cameras, this year(2024) it’s 149.99$ for the year.

jonsjo
Guide
Guide

If you've been a long time customer and still got a decent price, That will change when your credit card expire and you have to update with a new one.

When you follow the instructions in the notice and add you new credentials everything looks fine, the system accepts it.

But when they try to charge you it won't work. Got it explained by support that the instuctions that follows with the notice to update your card doesn't work due to a bug in their system. 

So after 2 or 3 tries your sub will be closed and to start a new one you will be forced to pay the new full price instead.

Support told me that it's impossible to change that in their system, so they just put the cost on the customer, give you some % off for 3 - 6 months. I got 40% off for 6 months.

This weekend i rigged a new system on the side of my Arlo system but with local storage of videos instead. So far i really like it and my Arlo sub will be terminated as soon as the discount runs out. I do have 3  older cameras with lifetime cloud storage that will continue to run until they die. So i'm not totally done with Arlo yet. And the rest of the cameras will remain as just live view cameras and floodlight. 

It sure was an investment, but if my numbers are correct i will have payed the new system in 3 years after i terminate my Arlo Sub. But in reality it will probably be a lot sooner than that if Arlo keep up with the same pace they adjust the prices as in the last years.

So in short, be aware that if something goes wrong with an Arlo sub their system is built so they can't change it.  (Supports words and in writing)