Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Newest Arlo app - Does it support more than 3 modes? If so, will it support 8 modes?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cambaync
Star
Star

We need to add my son to the Arlo app.  My husband and I are running the older Arlo app.  In another post by @jguerdat, they state the following:

Sharing with the new app requires some steps:

1) Everyone has the same version of the app.

2) Everyone has the same interface (the app supports the old and new interfaces). If needed, everyone should use Add Device to "add" either a Pro 5 camera or the security system - it doesn't matter which one nor does it matter that you actually don't have either one. This will cause the various accounts to all migrate to the new interface before doing anything else. When the migration is finished, cancel the installation. You may as well do this now since it will be forced at some point.

Note that you'll need to set up modes, etc. since your existing modes don't transfer over to the new interface. And, yes, there are only 3 modes available with no option (yet?) to add more.

My question is if the newest Arlo app supports more than 3 modes. We have 8 modes.  Will it support 8 modes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cambaync wrote:

To confirm, I would be limited to only THREE modes?!?!?  There would be no custom modes?

Correct.  

Hopefully Arlo will put custom modes back into the new user interface.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cambaync wrote:

My question is if the newest Arlo app supports more than 3 modes. We have 8 modes.  Will it support 8 modes?

No, it only supports 3.

Hopefully Arlo will change that at some point.

cambaync
Star
Star

These are my modes:

Armed - Motion detection on

Disarmed - Motion and audio detection off

Schedule - Manage based on schedule

Geofencing - Manage by your location

Front and Back - Custom mode

Front Back Shed Driveway - Custom mode

Front only - Custom mode

Front Back Shed - Custom mode

To confirm, I would be limited to only THREE modes?!?!?  There would be no custom modes?

We were planning on upgrading all of our Arlo cameras to higher resolution Arlo cameras, but with this software mode limitation, we will be rethinking the system we choose.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cambaync wrote:

Correct.  

Hopefully Arlo will put custom modes back into the new user interface.