Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

I feel really funny about the Arlo Secure multi-camera subscription plan price increase.  Going from $9.99 to $12.99 per month is a 30% increase.  I wouldn't feel so bad about it but, ...  I used to be really happy with my Arlo H/W and S/W under Arlo SW version 3.x.  Now, I'm using Arlo SW version 4.x.  All of the sudden features are broken, that used to work.  All of the sudden features I used to like are now missing.  I'm not happy with any of it; that is, the current state of the Arlo SW release.

So, now that I'm unhappy with the current state of the SW, my monthly prices are increases by 30%.  Does anyone else feel slighted by this?

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Annual rates are now available. When opting in for an annual subscription, there is no increase in the monthly rate. For more information, take a look at the plans here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

JamesC

48 REPLIES 48
States
Aspirant
Aspirant

North of the border Arlo went from $3.99 to $6.99 per month for a single doorbell camera!

Brimestone
Initiate
Initiate

I didn't even know it increased until today. It must have increased soon as I applied  for the service and it's a shame I wasn't notified. This the chance we take having payments taken out your account monthly. 

rivajean
Star
Star

I felt more than funny getting the new billing. I think I am done with Arlo. I have a security system I pay a subscription for. I think I will be getting their cameras instead of paying for the increased Arlo subscription  and having to buy new cameras from Arlo as well. 

Anyrugik
Guide
Guide

Im with you! Until this day ive been living with a useless doorbell, the delay/lag from when people ring and you can communicate with them is unacceptable it almost make it un unusable and now i pay more!? If ring/others can make it why can arlo not? Lawsuit needed

LC596
Star
Star

When your outside your home, do you receive notifications?

And can you access your videos when you are gone somewhere?

rivajean
Star
Star

Same thing happened to me. Charged my account 2 weeks ago. Just got an email notifying me of the increase. 

rivajean
Star
Star

I have the subscription and I can. However at least one of my cameras will no longer have firmware update and will only have 7 days of storage even with the $130/year plan. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rivajean wrote:

However at least one of my cameras ... will only have 7 days of storage even with the $130/year plan. 

If all the cameras are in the same location, then you should get 30 days of storage on all the cameras with the multicamera subscription.

LC596
Star
Star

Isn’t the year plan $119.88? Which is $9.99 x 12…

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LC596 wrote:

Isn’t the year plan $119.88? Which is $9.99 x 12…

Yes.  Full pricing (all geographies) is here:

FWIW, I'd assumed that @rivajean just typed it wrong (and meant $120).

rivajean
Star
Star

Two of my cameras are being phased out. They are not included. At least that is what I was told in a. Email from Arlo. 

rivajean
Star
Star

I just got a notification of a charge on my CC. $128.81. Tax included probably. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rivajean wrote:

Two of my cameras are being phased out. They are not included. At least that is what I was told in a. Email from Arlo. 

EOL cameras will continue to work after the EOL date.  Perhaps reread the email, or look at the info here:

And you can add the EOL cameras to an Arlo Secure Subscription plan.

rivajean
Star
Star

This is the email. 

Riva,

As previously announced, your device enters the EOL stage on July 1, 2023. As a friendly reminder, your device will continue to receive 7 days of free cloud storage after July 1, and Arlo will provide critical security updates for it until at least July 1, 2024

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rivajean wrote:

As previously announced, your device enters the EOL stage on July 1, 2023. As a friendly reminder, your device will continue to receive 7 days of free cloud storage after July 1, and Arlo will provide critical security updates for it until at least July 1, 2024

This doesn't say anything about subscriptions, so I don't where you are getting the idea that the EOL cameras can't be put into a subscription plan.

Willitwork
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm with this. It takes an average of 12 seconds between responses. Doesn't sound like a lot... But count that out in real time and you'll see that most people will leave before getting a response. The best I've been able to get mine is 7 second, and not once have I been able to talk to whoever rings. I've got about 600gb speed internet... But the only things that are running on it are the cameras and a printer. I didn't like the price increase, but I accepted it. Today I got a notification in the app that told me I should upgrade my plan if I want emergency services.... Umm hello, that was one of the reasons I accepted that increase. If there's ever a problem I can notify emergency services... Not anymore apparently... They got rid of that feature. 

LC596
Star
Star

Our son said to get a Micro SD Card to install in the Hub and that way you don't have to pay their yearly fee. And I found out from Arlo that you can use a 256 GB card.

I haven't done it yet, because I wanted to find out if when I'm not at the house, will I still be able to see recordings...

Do you know any of this info?

Rp42069
Initiate
Initiate

Yes you can still view from the hub.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LC596 wrote:

Our son said to get a Micro SD Card to install in the Hub and that way you don't have to pay their yearly fee. And I found out from Arlo that you can use a 256 GB card.

There are limitations:

• recordings can only be seen using the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • recordings are only available in the the app (not my.arlo.com)
  • no ability to make manual recordings or take snapshots
  • no thumbnails, and videos need to be downloaded to the phone before you can see anything
  • remote access requires router setting changes that many find difficult, and which won't work with some internet service providers

In addition, if you use the "feed" interface, the videos won't show up in the feed.  Accessing them requires a few more steps, which is awkward.

There are other subscription features that you would also lose - in particular, activity zones when the cameras are on battery power, and also smart notifications.

My advice on this is to first add the card, and try this feature out while you still have a subscription.  If you have multiple cameras, maybe remove one from the subscription plan before you commit to this path.

TwistedTRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I find it strange that we can't connect to the camera unless you use their app and pay for features built into the camera such as voice, or am I missing something. Seems like the IP addresses are somehow restricted. 

TwistedTRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant

i feel the same exact way and I'm not happy about it. 

TwistedTRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant

The solar panel chargers are awesome!

Itsybit50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need someone at the company to contact me.  My secure plan has been cancelled due to company not having my updated information.  I have been trying for a month to provide this information.  But the site is frozen I can’t even access Myarlo.com

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Itsybit50 wrote:

But the site is frozen I can’t even access Myarlo.com

Do you mean my.arlo.com???

What happens when you try to access it?  (Use a PC, not a mobile device).