Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure Not Recording To Library

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

Can someone please help.  I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Cam and when it was on the free trial it worked perfectly - every movement was captured by the camera and uploaded to the library.  

Since moving to the paid for Arlo Secure plan it has been completely and utterly useless.  I'm really frustrated.  I've contacted tech support but they've just blamed my wi-fi (although nothing has changed since it worked perfectly with the free trial).  I've performed factory resets, and deleted and reinstalled the app.  I've tried everything and it's still completely useless.  Although the camera is mounted by our front door some days it doesn't capture a single movement, other days it probably records about 1 in 10 movements.  I'm thinking it's a useless product but hoping someone can give me a fix that will actually work.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using the motion detection test?  That should give you a good idea of how well the camera is detecting motion (independent of any network stuff), and also help you find the best sensitivity.  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

I am wondering - do you have activity zones enabled?

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve tried setting it to maximum sensitivity and I’ve tried it with and without activity zones. It was working perfectly until I moved to the paid for Arlo Secure plan. From looking on these forums alone at the amount of issues people are having with it makes me think the problem is with Arlo Secure
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And to be clear the camera is listed as activated in Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras?

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor

Yes of course.  I'm going to try letting my subscription lapse, perform a full reset then buy a new subscription.  If that doesn't work then I think i'll take to Twitter to request a refund!!

wallum
Aspirant
Aspirant

i got the same problem did all the things suggested by support just like you did but still dont record at night and now they dont even reply to my e/mail but if i stop my subscription i will have 3 camera and doorbell doing nothing and up to now its cost me £1,100+

JurgenRou
Tutor
Tutor
Funnily enough there was a firmware update the other week so I thought I’d give it another try and surprise surprise it now works again. So it was nothing to do with wi-fi or anything my end. The problem was with Arlo.
wallum
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried removing and re syncing all but no better in fact 1 has stopped recording at all

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wallum,

If you manually record with the camera during a live stream, does it produce a library recording?

JamesC